ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why don't you like cups?

RB 182 Cup
just outta curiousity.. i did like my none cup 172 better, but for reasons that can be changed in my cup.. seats!

also, from show room.. what cost more? 182 or 182 cup?

197 FF Glacier White
The Cup seats may look poor, but they are lighter than the 1*2 seats, and hold you better too.

If I had to pick something I don't like about the cup it's the noise!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Aren't the 182cup seats the same as the standard Renault Sport seats,
just without airbags or the leather & alcantara upholstery?

A mate of mine had a 182cup and we compared his seats with my 172s seats, I swear they were the same design.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
To me it's the same question as an ST Focus or an RS Focus. The ST can have the same power (from Mountune) just like a normal 182 can have all the Cup parts - but it still isn't the real thing. Just a badge snobbery thing I know.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Climate Control is a must for me. And Xenons. f**k poverty spec lights right off, why would you want lights that aren't as good?

Why don't people like the 182 cups? Because they're a sort of redundant middle ground. If you want the best in lightness/driving pureness the trophy/ph1/172 cup makes more sense.

If you actually use it as a car also then why not spec cup performance and the luxeries of a 182 FF. I don't hate them, just there's other RS Clio options which make more sense.

All from a used-car point of view. If you have to buy new (though I'd just say why not buy a one year old FF for the same as a brand new cup) then 2 or 3k is, well 2 or 3k...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Didn't Renault go through loads of effort to widen the 172cup's tracks, make it lighter, firm up the suspension, whack the turinis on etc.... Then just paint the 182cups wheels anthracite and lose all of the goodies?

That's why people frown on the 182cup's... Although they do come in mint colours ;)

You are buying a 182. One is a RB Cup with poor seats and no climate, no xenons etc, the other is a RB 182 "FF" with all the said options, which would you go for?

Thats why they aren't popular.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd have a 182 cup no bother, slightly more focused imo. Seats are the same but with no airbags and fake plastic leather.

Some peeps on here think a regular 182 is some kind of luxury car or something :S

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I'd have a 182 cup no bother, slightly more focused imo. Seats are the same but with no airbags and fake plastic leather.

Some peeps on here think a regular 182 is some kind of luxury car or something :S

1*2 seats are real leather btw.

I'd have one too.

It's still the worst RenaultSport Clio ever made.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
If the Cups had xenons it would have made it better.

I still don't understand why they gave the 182 Cup the poverty spec steering wheel but still spec'd cruise control...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 182 cup... Still the most pointless car ever made.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
lol i dont get the big deal its only a 182 without a few very minor luxuries and a cup badge added. not like the gordini where they take a name from motorsport and jazz it up with parts that have no relevance to motorsport or performance atall now that is pointless imo ofcourse.

Disastra Coupe
I don't dislike Cup's... Just as a road car, which for most people on here is what their car is, i'd rather have all the luxuries. If i bought a 182 it'd be a FF. If i bought a 172 it'd either be a ph1 or standard ph2 as i have done.

f**k weight saving, it makes no difference when you're sat in traffic.

G

Gregor11

I really like the cups, but as an every day car, the xenons, climate etc make the ff a bit nicer! (as an everyday car) Plus if you pick a bird up who knows nothing about cars, chances are she'd assume the cup was a poverty model!!

TVR Cerbera
I don't like cups, because they made them in other colors than Mondial, and Renault put too much stuff in them. Strip it all out, proper seats, decent suspension, nice power hike, sorted. Happy.

1eight2
I'm still clueless as to what mine was!

Anthacite wheels, half leather seats, climate control, xenons but looks much higher than my mates FF

Clio
I Want a 172 next and am unsure on what I want a ff or a cup, to be honest the climate control ect don't bother me it's the lack of abs that puts me off a little, but overall given the choice I would take a cup anyday