ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why i consider myself lucky to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Golf TDI
He doesn't have to worry about 99% of the people on here, bunch of keyboard warriors.

If it was me i'd be showing my face in this thread, not hiding and looking quite suspect.

well here i am , im not being bloody suspect

Golf TDI
the car was up on jack when u came down so that aint no excuse :rasp:

and there is nnothing to say that the hole didnt happen while you where on the way home.

"Damp road and understeering along at 90 was awesome fun." - knowing there was an oil leek and your still driving like this ?

think every one has been a little to quick to point the finger the wrong direction if you ask me

blame on both sides i think tbh

thanks

Golf TDI
Take your tongue out of the pikeys arse and be honest for a second.

Up on a jack? So? Is that enough room to stand under a car now is it?

Anyone with an IQ in double figures knows that didnt happen on the way back. Maybe the guy didnt know quite how bad it was, but he clearly wasnt honest about it all.

Driving it at 90? So? Thats what its built for.

Kieran has made himself look guilty by avoiding this thread. He should have been honest from the start.

i havnt avoided it , you working for cs should atleast look at the last time i had been on and it was before this thread .

Golf TDI
Theres always two sides to a story, and as bad as that gearbox looks, it's wrong for so many people on here to jump to conclusions, based on one side of an arguement.

Having only seen a few photos, of the damage after it's happened, no one can comment on the state of the box before he picked it up except the two partys involved.

I say leave it to them to sort out between themselves.

another grown up person

Golf TDI
I don't know how you didn't notice though, surely you would feel something was wrong.

I think the guy should at least post a response on here, making himself look guilty.

If he did it on purpose then he's a complete s**t tbh.

yes driving it home , if the damage looked like that you WOULD have known

Golf TDI
I'd consider driving at 90 in 5th on a motorway junction which is a long sweeping bend quite normal tbh hardly stressful on an engine which has gearing as tall as the clio's. I didn't set out to make it understeer its just the tyres fitted aren't brilliant in the damp. If i'd done a lap of Cadwell on the way home then that'd be a different story.

As for checking it. I had been told no more oil had leaked out so i took that as a good sign. I was told it'd been looked over and no leaks were found. I'd not been told the oil was gearbox oil so i just assumed it was cause by the relativly leaky F4R cam cover design. When i came to pick it up i checked the enigne for leaking the the places i suspected it to be (Rear cam cover seal, cam cover bolt heads, oil filter seal and gearbox over flow) You should remember me rocking the engine back and forth to see if i could see any major leaks as well as at the same time finding out the top gearbox mount was loose.

I am in no way new to these engines i even gave the owner a list of places to check for leaks. As well as asking to him check the oil levels before i came to pick it up.

i told you , look where ever and however long you want . you gave the engine a good going over , i had nothing to hide :mad:

Golf TDI
When I met Kieran he seemed like a friendly chap, maybe a bit shy but didnt seem the type that would f**k someone over.

Sorry to hear about this though, would be interesting to hear what hes got to say though.

because i am a friendly chap , i wouldnt f**k another cs member over .

307 hdi (powered by derv)
chaps, i recomend you both pm each other and come to some sort of deal behind the scenes.

Golf TDI
and as for the guy that brought it off me , thanks for getting in touch or pming me before making me look like a f**king c**t all over the internet .

ITB'd 182...
Im no mechano but i blew a hole in my Box in my 106 and that dropped all it's oil there and then and would not go into gear.

Tbh, i dont think the car was cheap because there was nothing to it!

No interiour at all, exhaust was hanging off, no major mods as such apart from some sexy rims so i dont think he sold it due to it being fcukd.

Anyway, thats my opinion which im entitled too. Any problems with it feal free to pm me :)

Golf TDI
if waitey wanted to bring an aa car inspector with him like you can do , i would happily of let him . as far as i was aware the car was decent etc .

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
and as for the guy that brought it off me , thanks for getting in touch or pming me before making me look like a f**king c**t all over the internet .

Agreed, not taking sides cos i dont really care.

But putting this thread up before calling/Pming you was a childish and not the most pleasent way to go about it.

Im sure u didnt know about it and im sure it would not have drove that far like that, but sometimes wierd things do occur.

Golf TDI
Im no mechano but i blew a hole in my Box in my 106 and that dropped all it's oil there and then and would not go into gear.

Tbh, i dont think the car was cheap because there was nothing to it!

No interiour at all, exhaust was hanging off, no major mods as such apart from some sexy rims so i dont think he sold it due to it being fcukd.

Anyway, thats my opinion which im entitled too. Any problems with it feal free to pm me :)

thankyou , i brought it to the mate and it was fine and it was even fine to the day i sold it . i drove it the day and it WAS fine , he then drove it all the way to yorkshire and i even sent him a text to make sure he got home okay and the car was alright . go find a scammer that does that :mad:

Golf TDI
Agreed, not taking sides cos i dont really care.

But putting this thread up before calling/Pming you was a childish and not the most pleasent way to go about it.

Im sure u didnt know about it and im sure it would not have drove that far like that, but sometimes wierd things do occur.
i have been in work and my mate who posted in this thread came into work to let me know what had happened and apparently i had 5 pages of abuse to sieve through . :rolleyes:

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
From a totally impartial point of view, I'd be surprised if the car had made it 300 miles in that condition, looks like it happened somewhere along that journey, most likely nearing the end of it.

But i'm no mechanic, I know s**t about cars apart from they go "broom broom"

Golf TDI
it WAS a small pool of oil / dirty water and i straight away got in touch and let him know . i checked the oil level on the car a few times and as im not a mechanic there is a limited amount of things i would know to check . you wouldnt know how pissed off I am about this thread , never mind waitey

Lee

BMW M2C
I can't believe how much s**t kie1an has got in this thead. It's the buyers responsibilty to check over what he's buying, never take a sellers word for something, even if it's someone you sort of know on here.

Whether the car was sold with good or bad intention, waitey should have got it checked out, especially as there was a known oil leak. To be honest, if I was buying a car and someone told me there was an oil leak I'd walk away and find another, or at the very least take a mechanic to check it over.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but hopefully anyone else buying a second hand car on here will get an AA/RAC inspection done on it first.

I was at Bedford the evening Bens gearbox went, it didn't last long that's for sure. It overheated within laps.

Golf TDI
feel free to ask me anything you want now people , im here to answer your questions . even though its non of your business , its mine and waiteys

Golf TDI
I can't believe how much s**t kie1an has got in this thead. It's the buyers responsibilty to check over what he's buying, never take a sellers word for something, even if it's someone you sort of know on here.

Whether the car was sold with good or bad intention, waitey should have got it checked out, especially as there was a known oil leak. To be honest, if I was buying a car and someone told me there was an oil leak I'd walk away and find another, or at the very least take a mechanic to check it over.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but hopefully anyone else buying a second hand car on here will get an AA/RAC inspection done on it first.

i would happily of welcomed any inspection , however if i knew the hole was there tbh i wouldnt have let him look at all , infact i would of sold it to him :eek: :mad:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
because i have now brought a new car !

Yeh one with an auto box, did you think that would be less likely to crack??

Joking aside, if it wasn't noticed over a 300 mile trip maybe kie1an didn't notice it either.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Think this thread should be locked now. It should be kei1an and Waitey who sort it out between themselves, none of any of ours business really. Fair play to Kei1an for answering everything though, you sound like a tidy enough bloke who wouldn't f**k someone around.

Golf TDI
Yeh one with an auto box, did you think that would be less likely to crack??

Joking aside, if it wasn't noticed over a 300 mile trip maybe kie1an didn't notice it either.

funny f**k :boring: lol the night i took it off the road i parked it in my work place to keep it off the road and when i got to work there was an oil puddle under the car , i straight away got home and told waitey :eek: but then after looking everywhere i thought it could be , i even took it for a spin and it felt like business as usual driving it :eek: i even moved the car and parked it in a different part of the car park and NO more oil leaked out .

Golf TDI
Think this thread should be locked now. It should be kei1an and Waitey who sort it out between themselves, none of any of ours business really. Fair play to Kei1an for answering everything though, you sound like a tidy enough bloke who wouldn't f**k someone around.

i am tidy , ask anyone who has met me at meets , i have been on here since my first bloody car , im just trying to defend myself now :eek: :mad:

clio 16v
i think the seller and buyer should sort this out on a pm... seems a bit unfair.. every one makes mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.