ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is it all flakey?

Mk4 .:R32
Lol...
I have just bought AG SRP, and when i put it on and buff it off it goes all 'dandruff like'. I shake well before i use it and leave it on there for about 15 mins. Plus i only bought it a week ago? any ideas?

*Edit* - Btw I am a noob and the only abbreviation I know is the one above Lol.

Last edited:
  VRS
yep as howard says, just get a decent set of microfibres and they will get it all off after polishing, make sure you tape up or cover the black plastics though as its a pain to clean off when you get srp on them

you can decent microfibers from all the online detailing stores

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rich will confirm, but if theres loads of dust, it means you are applying too much polish.

Try using a damp cloth and not so much product, that should minimize 'dandruff' lol!

106 GTi
Yeap dust means two things:

Using too much product and not working it properly.

Take a small five sized blob on a foam applicator and work it into a panel until you can hardly see anything to remove then buff with a microfiber towel. No need to leave it to stand, panel at a time on and off and move on.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
yep a damp cloth always works better but try and use less srp. if you still have lots of dust then wash the car after you have polihsed it to remove all of the dust

Mk4 .:R32
Yeap dust means two things:

Using too much product and not working it properly.

Take a small five sized blob on a foam applicator and work it into a panel until you can hardly see anything to remove then buff with a microfiber towel. No need to leave it to stand, panel at a time on and off and move on.

I was leaving it about 10 mins and then buffing it off? Is this wrong?