ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why no visual voicemail on orange?!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Is it the same for other networks? Is the feature only on O2?

TBH I'm majorly disappointed with this and am contemplating trying to get out of the contract. I can't see how they can't offer a core feature after all this time.

Is there a cool-off period for new contracts?

If so I may switch to 02.

Are there any good 3rd party apps for this feature?

Last edited:
  Mk2 Golf GTI
I've just downloaded an app called hullomail which is supposed to do something similar. It's free and has some good reviews so it's worth a punt.

They need to sort their acts out though. This is advertised as a key feature in the keynote and on the Apple site so how the networks get away with this is beyond me...

*EDIT*

OK, I can confirm that this HulloMail app works brilliantly so for anyone who doesn't have it on their iPhone, get it now!!!

http://www.hullomail.com/uk/index.html

Can't believe it's free tbh. And supposedly has some features that the native iPhone app doesn't have, such as sending the message as an email etc

ZZ39DA29EB.jpg

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Good features, but it's an app at the end of the day. Not a feature built into the phone like on O2. I know it's probably better than nothing, I'd rather have the real McCoy though.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
I use 'youmail' here in the US, again its an app (you pay for it) but it has some great features. It recognises the number calling and gets its info and greats the caller by their registered name! E.G. 'Hello Matthew, James can't come to the phone right now so if you leave your name and number he will get back to you'...

Freaks people out when they hear it for the first time haha.... Takes over the native voice mail and works seamlessly like its OEM.

Visual Voicemail on the iphone is not that impressive after using some of the aftermarket apps.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Good features, but it's an app at the end of the day. Not a feature built into the phone like on O2. I know it's probably better than nothing, I'd rather have the real McCoy though.

At the end if the day it's free and does everything you'd expect and more from a visual voicemail service. The fact that it's on the homescreen is a bonus in my eyes.

Visual voicemail snobbery? LOL, now that's a new one...

:rolleyes:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I think you're mistaken on how it actually works, it uses network features to forward your voicemail directly to their own "voicemail servers" rather than your own network.

They've provided an app to access this, it'll work as well as your existing voicemail does, infact, although I have never tried it, I assume it supports push notifications and therefore you could have the icon in your quick launch bar..therefore making it easier and quicker to get at your voicemail, no need to go into you phone app.

Clunky it should not be.