ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why not build an app22 in reverse on the pc

ok.. the app22, given weight, cd, rr etc can calculate bhp from torque yep ??

so.. what we do is this..

If you know - or have - the torque curve (Rolling road result (graph)).. and.. you know the Cd, frontal area, and weight, can estimate drvetrain loss.. then..

you could calculate theoretical acceleration of any given car based on the above (assuming standard atmospheric conditions are applied)

what you could do is...

take a torque curve (RR Output) for ANY vehicle...

apply the individual gearbox ratios to the final drive ratio.... calculate wheel circumference based on tyre data.. account for weight, Cd, Fa etc.. and then........

produce an acceleration curve over time for ANY vehicle assuming factors such as gearbox ratio change time etc...

you could see the actual performance that the vehicle should achieve...

aint math good.. glad I got me O Level.. didnt go any further lol..

seriously.. what a tool.. and I have al the math here from existing spreadsheets..

and....... was discussing this evening a grpahical VisualBasic prog to show valve opening in a cross sectional view of the cylinder - in relation to piston travel.. for a 16v engine (or 20 etc) - ie, overlap, duration etc...

that would help in the selection of cams.. you could then hook up the data to the theoretical model of the engine to see what the resultent torque curve would be..

the,, hee hee, you could conver the torque to power and by using the weight etc, calculate the increase in performance...

YES !!.. I like it when a plan comes together...

ps.... dont bomb afghanistan too often.. they grow really good stuff

Joe.. tech head exploding............. and sorry for the typos.. cant spell check and think at the same time...