ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why use 'camber bolts'?

Looking to set up my geometry on my 172 Cup this weekend, I'm lucky enough to have access to a laser alignment machine at work so can do it all myself.
I'm wanting to increase the front camber for an upcoming track day, and was wondering do I NEED camber bolts? Only looking for -1.5° nothing too extreme!
Why not just elongate the shocker bolt mountings like a lot of manufacturers do to gain the camber?
Just after people's opinions, ideally from anyone who's tried it, had it done etc so I can order the bolts tomorrow if necessary.
Thanks,
Chris

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
not everyone has the tools to accurately elongate the holes. Its a simple solution to use camber bolts.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I got mine from Kam racing last year. they're cheap so the hassle of elongating the holes is not worth it

182cup & 172 racecar
On a plus side,it will not move with camber bolts.as long as the little washer is fitted correctly as this takes up the free space behind the cam.
Slotted struts can and do move,even if done up megga tight,fact.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
there are coilover kits with built in camber adjustment, not sure how they work but I saw that the hole which carries the adjustment is oval. This is one of the reasons I went for gaz coilies an still using the camber bolts I had