ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wide angles

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ive got a Nikon D60 and am after getting a wide angle lens soon but have no idea really what to look for...:eek: Ive been looking at the Sigma 10-20 and that seems to have good reviews.

What do you guys reccommend?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Aha, nice one thanks for the fast replies guys!

Ive only been finding them online in the £300-330 region, even on Ebay around that price, is there anywhere which can do it for better?

Aha, nice one thanks for the fast replies guys!

Ive only been finding them online in the £300-330 region, even on Ebay around that price, is there anywhere which can do it for better?

That's pretty much bang on iirc, it bottomed out at about £280 a while ago, but now it's creeping towards the £400-£450 mark which will eventually be its natural price point with all the price increases. You'll be lucky to get it any cheaper as the majority of companies have already increased the price significantly.

It may scare you to learn its new RRP is £550!

Jeeeeeeeesus!! That might tempt me into splashing savings on it before it rockets! Hmmmm

*edit*

Maybe not. 50% increase FTL!

£480 at Jessops :( It was £320 last time I looked :(

It's proper scary, I'm beyond pleased that I happened to get pretty much everything I wanted before Christmas...I literally wouldn't be able to afford any remotely reasonable lens any more. Bargains are going to become very hard to find, and second-hand prices are already starting to adjust accordingly.

I was always tempted by the Sigma 30mm 1.4, no chance any more!

SchwepTek™
Dammit i was after a 10-20 too. :(

Cant afford one at those prices!

2nd hand ones still going for £250?

RS Megane DCi 175
Jeeeeeeeesus!! That might tempt me into splashing savings on it before it rockets! Hmmmm

*edit*

Maybe not. 50% increase FTL!

£480 at Jessops :( It was £320 last time I looked :(

Jeez. I got my local Wildings to price match Jessops online price of £300 just before christmas - that's a crazy price!

that's a crazy price!

Unfortunately that's a realistic price.

In a period of transition at the moment where old and new stock will be floating around, so there are massive differences in prices between companies. By the Spring I imagine things will level out, if you have a look at camerapricebuster, 90% of companies have already bumped the Sigma 10-20 price right up.

Thankfully I picked up the 10-20 in Sept last year and the 30mm f1.4 in Jan for what now seem to be bargain prices, however I might have to save a bit longer for that 70-200 I'd also like.........damn this hobby burning holes in my pockets!

Cupra
Thankfully I picked up the 10-20 in Sept last year and the 30mm f1.4 in Jan for what now seem to be bargain prices, however I might have to save a bit longer for that 70-200 I'd also like.........damn this hobby burning holes in my pockets!

What 70-200 are you after? I have one for sale. ;)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Might consider selling my 10-20 now, might make a profit :D

Just looked, 50-150 I bought for £470 is now £609! lol

Cupra
Its your lucky day! Canon 70-200 F4L . Perfect condition, filters, nice lens bag to go with it...Suit you sir. ;)

Its your lucky day! Canon 70-200 F4L . Perfect condition, filters, nice lens bag to go with it...Suit you sir. ;)

Tempting - although my pockets are a little empty at the moment and I really have enough lenses to play about with for the time being. Am planning to sort something out around mid-year for holidays and such like.