ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a Peco exhaust fit my car?

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
I have found an exhaust which came off a 1.2 1998 clio. I hav ean 03 1.2 16v clio and was wondering wether this would fit on mine??

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
If it does fit, the abuse from the guys on here will have you tearing it off within 24 hours.

306 GTI-6
Are all Pecos bad then, i was considering getting one for my 1.6.

Ideally would like a stealth exhaust but can't seem to get one yet for a 1.6.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
we all need to start sum where mate give the lad a break maybe weve came along way from the 1.2 16v n peco exhausts but lets face it a had a 1.2 02 plate clio when i was 17 and loved it get peco'd up mate make sum noise :) haha

maybe its because your not old enough to rememebr peco exhausts when they were the in thing they were on every nova along with cherry bombs lol

they were the boyracers wet dream but were just cheap massproduced crap. no real research went into them basically same sort of knowledge as power flow get a pipe if it fits weld it in except you got these off the shelf

maybe they have changed but i doubt they are any better

Clio 172 mk2
I had a Peco backbox on my old renault 19 16v and it sounded way better than my 172 and actually looked okay (twin 3 inch).

Not made of stainless though so did eventually rust a lot

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Ok, Thanks for the comments, I just wondered that was all as I thought it would be better than the rage one I have got in my garage. And yes I am old enough to remember them. My mate had one and it didnt sound too bad. I just thought cos it was on a nice car it would sound good, Ah well. I will just have save up a bit :p

it may sound good but thats not whats an exhaust is about imho but seeing as you only have a 1.2 its hardly worth going for performance is it i suppose

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Thats just nasty, Takin the P*ss out of a poor defensless car like that. I am verry happy with the car I have. Just because we cant all afford a posh performance car doesnt mean we cant enjoy the car we have got :p

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
it may sound good but thats not whats an exhaust is about imho but seeing as you only have a 1.2 its hardly worth going for performance is it i suppose

I agree. If it's not a performance car to start with, don't try and make it into one. Many youngsters do it and it's ridiculous. If you've self respect and taste you'll wait unlike those idiots who don't.

Peco's are awful anyway. The sound is terrible, real epitomy of cra*p exhausts!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i have a peco on my clio, its sounds nice and does aid the performance of my str8 thru system, but if im honest the god dam thing never actually fitted properly! when i rang peco they tried to tell me that renault didnt make my car and i was obviously stupid!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Thats just nasty, Takin the P*ss out of a poor defensless car like that. I am verry happy with the car I have. Just because we cant all afford a posh performance car doesnt mean we cant enjoy the car we have got :p

You said it all in your own words: "I am very happy with the car I have". and "enjoy the car we have got". - What I'd say to you mate, is:

Why would you want to put a peco on it? - what do you hope to gain from it, if you are happy with your car and enjoying it as is? Save your money to go toward these 'posh performance' cars you speak of. Although, I own a clio, does that make me posh? - so don't take the p*ss out of a defensless little clio owner...

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Ok, kool, thanks for all the comments. As you may have guessed I am gonna give it a miss.

cup 182 mit stripes
I had a Peco big bore exhaust on my Cooper S in 1971. lol Did'nt know they were still in biz.

Girls liked them back then also. lol

Last edited: