ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a Throttle Body from a 1.6 Megane fit a Clio 172?

clio 172, MR2 Import
Hi everyone this is my first post here, (just got my 172 2 days ago) I do apologize if this has been asked/answered before but I couldnt see an exact answer in the search. It appears to be suffering from the ever popular failed throttle body, I am just wondering if the throttle body from a 1.6 16v megane (same shape as the 225 not sure of mk or names for them) will fit. The reason I ask is that Renault quoted me £275 + VAT for a new one, and my local scrap yard has no renaultsport clios in at the minute, The throttle body on the megane (as best I coild tell) looks identical to the one on my 172, with the addition of a metal breather type thing on it. If I block this off, or get a t-piece and connect to a vacuum line will this fit? thanks in advance for any useful answers George

clio 172, MR2 Import
haven't had a look on the classifieds ere, wasn't too keen on the ebay route as they seem to be selling for around the £50 mark, plus would be about 4-5 das aiting on delivery, and unfortunately I need to travel into Edinburgh every day for work, which is doing my battery and starter motor no favours with it cutting out in the stop/start traffic so was hoping to pick one up at the scrap yard as it is faster, and the one from the megane, I held it against my current one, it all appeared the same apart from that extra pipe, just not sure if connectors and dimensions would be the same

172 cup, Impreza P1
Are you talking cable or DBW?

I use a megane 1.6 tb on my turbo setup but it is only 48mm. The Clio 172 is 60mm. I had to make an adaptor plate to fit it on to a 225 manifold so I don't think it is suitable.

Got a spare 172 cable tb if you need one.