ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will Halfords wire in external amp/sub to standard headunit?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
So I've always had Alpine headunits and just wired them up myself, but I've got a double DIN unit this time and I fancy keeping the standard headunit in there. Taken it apart and can see evidence of the previous owner butchering it somewhat. I tried to get it all going myself and had some success but it was temperamental. I can't be arsed f**king around with it anymore. Will Halfords do something like this? Or should I be finding an independent car audio store... there was a couple near me but they've shut down over the last few years. Just thought I'd ask here so I don't waste my time going down there!

I would be providing an Alpine amp, but to be honest could do with a new sub so would happily purchase one. Would also prefer to have it tucked away, 'stealth' style if they're even a thing any more.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I doubt Halfords would do it to be honest. Best off getting a pro to sort it.

BG 182FF
So I've always had Alpine headunits and just wired them up myself, but I've got a double DIN unit this time and I fancy keeping the standard headunit in there. Taken it apart and can see evidence of the previous owner butchering it somewhat. I tried to get it all going myself and had some success but it was temperamental. I can't be arsed f**king around with it anymore. Will Halfords do something like this? Or should I be finding an independent car audio store... there was a couple near me but they've shut down over the last few years. Just thought I'd ask here so I don't waste my time going down there!

I would be providing an Alpine amp, but to be honest could do with a new sub so would happily purchase one. Would also prefer to have it tucked away, 'stealth' style if they're even a thing any more.
Do you fit items which haven't been bought from Halfords?

We are unable to fit any vehicle-related products that haven't been bought at Halfords because of potential problems with warranty concerns. This includes stereos, speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, dash cams, sat navs, DAB add-ons, parking cameras, number plates, light bulbs, wiper blades, oils & amp additives, roof boxes and cycle carriers.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks for the quote. I don't mind buying wiring from them though, which is the main thing I want them to do... to be honest, after reading guides it involves soldering to different pins etc. on the stock unit. Doesn't sound very Halfords. Either that or go all in with a CarPlay screen, but I don't know if I can be bothered in all honesty. Are there any decent ones that don't cost the earth?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ali express is your friend if you want a cheap Apple/android stereo.

BG 182FF
Thanks for the quote. I don't mind buying wiring from them though, which is the main thing I want them to do... to be honest, after reading guides it involves soldering to different pins etc. on the stock unit. Doesn't sound very Halfords. Either that or go all in with a CarPlay screen, but I don't know if I can be bothered in all honesty. Are there any decent ones that don't cost the earth?
Your best bet would be a local auto electrician.