ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will this work in a standard headunit (Audio)

Clio 182
My 182 came with a dreadful aftermarket stereo someone had put in and i'd like to get a standard headunit for both improved sound quality and looks. Question is I still want to have an auxiliary in and I have one of these connects 2 boxes that I was using in my Seat Leon that tricks the headunit into thinking it's a CD changer.

20140818_190812.jpg20140818_190848.jpg

Looking at these pictures and in particular the connector would anyone be able to tell me if this device would work with a standard Clio 182 headunit?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It looks similar, but its difficult to measure dimensions on a picture. I think worst case scenario, if the blue plug is not the correct size to fit in the CD autochanger surely there will be a new cable to replace that one rather than paying out for a full new Connects2 unit.

Clio RS 172 2002
If you have a 182 it has the "Update List" head unit as stock. This can take an AUX input, available on eBay cheaply. No need for connects2 boxes to replace the cd stacker unless you want more integration.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The connects2 with the iPod interface allows you to control the iPod from the audio controls and play first 6 playlists rather than turning the headunit into an amplifier

Clio 182
Okay looks like the best method would be to get a 182 head unit and go from there, have to see if there are any going on this forum. Also the connects2 unit that I have is a aux only, nothing to do with ipod.