ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Exhaust

Does anyone know how much a standard one from the cat back costs?

I would phone renault but they are shut today and kwickfit are useless.

The magnex is annoying me so it could be going if the standard one is cheap enough!

Thanks

Carl

You would be looking at around about £160ish me thinks from renault for the full system, cat-back. I know what you mean with the magnex, it aint half boomy on long distances... and the de-cat dont help much :oops:

Cheers Guys - yeah Bri its the booming thats starting to annoy me. Not sure why after a year of having the magnex on that its really annoying me now - could be im near to turning 30 and im about to buy a Diesel Volvo, tartan rug and soup flask;)

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 11 April 2004

Cheers Guys - yeah Bri its the booming thats starting to annoy me. Not sure why after a year of having the magnex on that its really annoying me now - could be im near to turning 30 and im about to buy a Diesel Volvo, tartan rug and soup flask;)
He he, i often find just having the window slightly open makes it less boomy :oops:

If your gonna go back to standard tho get an origonal renault zorst, when i got my williams it had some shoddy copy which is the very reason it was replaced with a magnex! :devilish:

Have you considered another performance exhaust to a Magnex?

Hear what youre saying about the Magnex being boomy at motorway revs (have experienced it myself), but my Mongoose is relatively quiet on long journies, not much louder than standard if at all inside the car... I know the BB Tuning system is fairly quiet unless you really toe it too..

I could go for a different make but the quieter the better as I prefer the sound of a engine;)

I will contact Renault on Tuesday and see what they quote me - if its too high then the Magnex stays on.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I have an Evo Japanese style 4" exhaust on my Willy 3 and its loud as. When I first got it back I thought it was too noisy but you soon become accustomed to it :)

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 11 April 2004

I could go for a different make but the quieter the better as I prefer the sound of a engine;)
I suppose there is a lot going for the standard system.. isnt really restrictive (so you read) - and my engine did sound lovely in the old Williams. :D

Willy2

TBH i have heard the Zebring and the Devil ones are quiet, Dirty_bry has a a new standard Renault system on the willy 2 he is breaking, he will be cheap. Personally I like the Zebring nice, but dont forget the standard system is loud and has a certain roar, mine does! and there is no holes in it!

mine has a devil system, backbox with a straight through pipe to the cat, sounds nice not to loud when normal driving but when u put ur foot down it comes into life!