ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams insurance for 18 year olds

172 Cup

Does anyone know insurance companys that would insure a williams 2 tpf&t for an 18 year old yith 1years ncb.

the only company i can fine is Admiral who will do it for £1660 tpf&t annual and £1460 with the 10month bonus accelerator (Are these bonus acclerators a con??)

I have been offered a cheap completely standard williams 2 from a friend of mine. The williams is one of my dream cars and i dont particularly want to pass up this oportunity but the insurance is the only major hurdle in me buying this car:(.

[Edited by MeEsH on 04 July 2005 at 9:56pm]

Thats a very very good price Im paying £900 at 22 with 3 yrs NCB (abeitly mine has a fair long list of modifications).

However its still a lot of money to pay Im not sure at 18 Id want to spend that much Id have to see what its like compaired to other cars.

The 10 month accelerater plans are only accepted by a few companies so Id be inclined not to go for it.

Might be worth trying Adrian Flux/Highway as well.

The Williams is group 17 so your bound to pay a fortune for it.

hey, im only 18, 1NCD and hopefully going to get a 172 next month. i say if you can afford it and want it bad enough, just go for it! your only young once lol

don't

the 10 month things are fine, at the end u will just get a letter saying u have an extra YEARS no claims and can then go wherever u like

if u havent already, add an older female or 2, as 2nd drivers on the policy with admiral and aslong as they have full no claims it will bring the quote down further, see how it goes

Dont go with Adrian Flux, whatever you do!

You have to think of it this way - you can buy a newer, more expensive car that youre not really that keen on but gives you cheap insurance, and you will lose money on depreciation.

Or you can buy an older car that you love to drive but have to pay a fortune on insurance for.

I know what Id pick ;)

172 Cup

The quote includes my mum and nan which brought down the premium a fair bit, also the car would be kept in a garage. I couldnt see an option for car secrity on the site though.

White16valver, I like your reasoning :devilish:

pm javascript openWin pop_up_profile.asp?profile=11993 , profile , toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=440,height=370 ">WeZ01y he is 19 iirc and he has a williams 3

lol at all this talk of high insurance!!!!

move to romford mate your pay more than that on a 1.2 of any marque. seriously if i could have got cover for that money i would of had a faster car years ago.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 05 July 2005

Dont go with Adrian Flux, whatever you do!

You have to think of it this way - you can buy a newer, more expensive car that youre not really that keen on but gives you cheap insurance, and you will lose money on depreciation.

Or you can buy an older car that you love to drive but have to pay a fortune on insurance for.

I know what Id pick ;)

Why? Im with them!

LY 200

Thats a very very good deal on a williams mate.......Have you tried elephant on line?

I was paying 1270 on my valver at 19!!!

get something new with free insurance for a few years?

what you will save in insurance, you can spend on a new car.

C2s have free insurance on them, sure, its a citroen, but at the end of the day they are nippy, AND HAVE FREE INSURANCE.

/y0z