ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams interior

Hello,

Sometime in the near future im interest in getting a clio williams. How do the interiors vary. Am i right in saying ive seen a set of seats in a williams like the ones used in the R5GTT. Which i guess are the series one williams. Dont know a thing about the cars other than i like them.

The first edition Williams used re-trimmed 19 16V front seats. At the time the Clio 16V still used its own seats.

In early 1994 the Phase 2 Clio 16Vs also got re-trimmed 19 16V seats and the Williams 2 & 3s seats remained the same as in the Williams 1.

5 GT Turbo front seats are different again IIRC.

P.S. Clio Williams is still rated as the best hot hatch ever, although the 182 has caught up 11 years later. I had No.123 of the first edition Williams and am still reeling in pain from having sold it. A 182 may be as able, but they havent got the exclusivity (Ben H - 172 owner).

I havent a clue. I saw one on ebay that loked like 5 seats. My mate has the 172 and it looks great and goes well. anybody have any pics of all the types to help me?

e-mail rapdan_2000@yahoo.co.uk.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
P

peterh2

That car is not a williams is a valver with williams badges and williams wheels on it. The rear spoiler is not colour coded either which it would be on a williams and the interior is totally wrong. I would also bet the engine is a 1.8 16v despite the WILLIAMS writing on it. Looks very dodgy I would stay well clear!

i agree, if it was a genuine williams then they would have put 2.0 in the ad, it may be a conversion from a valver to a 2.0 though.

if it is a williams then i will not have a sunroof, it will have the numbered plack on the dash.

from the looks of the pic it doesnt seem to have a blue carpet either (unless my eyes are playing tricks on me)

check out Gazs link above for the definitive list of williams clios !

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Clio Williams 16v LOL What a prick! Obviously thinks it will sell better if he trys to sell it as a williams..:sick:

Quote: Originally posted by Infinicar on 23 February 2005

Blue spot on dipstick also gives the game away. (williams are white)
Paul
i knew that there were 3 different colour dots, i always thought williams had a blue dot though !
and the valver had black or white.
:oops:

any way that car on there is a rusty pile of sh*te !

What a idiot. I wasnt going to buy it just like the seats. Il check out the web site to get an idea. So they are 16v seats, they look like five seats. My mate also still owns a GTT and i like the seats they are nice and supportive. Like my RST at the moment.

so all in all how nice are the seats to sit in. Do you get a nice low down feeling in them? Like in my RST you feel like you are quite low and therefore more sporty? And are they supportive when conering? Sorry to be fussy just want ot know what to expect.

R.I.P 182

Span - i dont have a williams, but my ex did, and when you sat in it, feels like you are quite low down (you can adjust it though IIRC) and its like bucket seats so feels so nice!!! (dont know if all valvers are like it too though TBH) lol sorry not much help!

Cheers all. Im iching to see a few in the flesh now. Want to look around some and see if i can get a good idea on how to find a good one. Im a mechanic anyway so know what to look for just wana get used to looking at them.

mk1 172

if you click on the link it says he has relisted it again.....click on it and he has changed all the details saying its not a williams !

what a prick ! you can tell straight away its not a willy ! and he cant fekking spell !!!

.. no expense spared etc, etc

ok so its got a tv, but personally id have rather spent the money getting to look nice first !
that rust is awful.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

What a mess..wheels are orange with no diamond cut rim, stuffed full of speakers/tvs and rust city!