ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams mk1’s

now i can insure a williams im looking at the stats etc, cant realy find much on parkers, so, whats the 0-60s etc?? thanx!

think 0-60 is 7.4 or there abouts and 0-100 is 20 not sure on rest of times, 150bhp best looking on main clio page on comparisons or look for williams tech info

0-100 is in the book at 20 secs, but get a good un and you could be looking at closer to 16 sec! some are hot others arent for some strange reason

when i had a vts it was a "special" one, never knew why, ive got a few williams t olook at, one is a mk1, 53k, full service, 3.5k, just gettin an idea at the mo, not gonna rush it

im currently looking for a williams 1 or 2 been to look at 2 today but both poor really, weres this one m8?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Id get a RAC inspection or similar if I was buying a Williams again, I spent 5k and ended up fixing loads of stuff that had been well concealed. Id be especially wary of rust on rear arches, most 16v/williams will have some.

Quote: Originally posted by chipnix on 09 April 2004

when i had a vts it was a "special" one, never knew why, ive got a few williams t olook at, one is a mk1, 53k, full service, 3.5k, just gettin an idea at the mo, not gonna rush it
3.5k :eek: do you mean 35k?? either way it is still a VERY low mileage

According to Renault, the 0-60 is 7.7 (same as 16V) and top speed is 134mph.

But these figures conceal the rapido nature of the Willy. Over a set distance, the Willy will be quicker than most as it makes most of its torque at 2500rpm and has no less than 100% from 4000rpm (rare). Add the supreme suspension and youre onto a winner.

Most Willys are a lot quicker than the figures suggest. Many standard cars break the 15s barrier to the 1/4 mile and some lightly fettled ones have made the low 14s.

BMW 320d Sport

aha but I must correct you there Ben my old chum...I agree that the time is 7.7 seconds, but thats 0-100kph or 0-62mph in other words. The confusion over apparently identical or at least close times for the valver and Willy is because the valver figures are often quoted as 0-60, whereas the Willy ones are usually quoted as 0-62. The extra 2mph at the end of the timed run are a lot harder to cover than if they were at the beginning, so crazy as it may seem to cover that extra 2mph can noticeably take extra tenths of a second.

My definitive Renault figures are: Williams 0-62mph 7.7 seconds, 16 Valve 0-62mph 8.0 seconds.

In 0-60 terms thats around 7.8 for the valver and 7.5 for the Willy.

chipnix im looking in yorkshire region really but can go further adrift, im in doncaster, did over 200miles yesturday looking at williams which were not great!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Most of them are unloved sh*tters which need a lot of work. There are some well loved examples though, I would buy private if I was to buy a Williams again. More likely to been cared for than a dealer sale which is probably a knackered part-ex which theyve tarted up. IMO

williams and trophy

richy mate.....keep lookin......i mustv looked at at least 15 willys before i found mine.......and i got it from stevenage down south, looked at another 4 on way there, was last 1 i went to see that day, as soon as i saw it i coughed up the deposit b4 id even driven it really, guy sellin it was a little too honest about it, pointin out the car park dings etc etc.......scared him on the test drive then bought it........havent looked back since

im hoping to go see a williams 3 tomorro , got a few more to look at hopefully this weekend, this one appears more promising then the others,

more then likely i will be buying private anyway MartinS so fingers crossed ill find a gooden :)

im not gonna rush into buying one even though i really want one after driving a few!!!! got my vtr to use for now, the search continues!!!