ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Owners (North Yorkshire)

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I regret selling my Williams 2 the moment it left. I love my 172, but the Williams always felt special. I spent alot of time cleaning it, re-furbing the wheels to as close to the original gold with the polished lip (for some reason people re-paint them without this and they just dont look right). It had much more road presence, looked so wide on the road, and had such a good engine. I had to get rid as i'd moved and the insurance was stinging me so swapped for a Starlet gt. If i got offered another one in a swap with my 172, i'd do it.

How can you not like this?:

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

LY 200
Love the mint Williams!

I would have one (a 3 preferably as i love the colour) if the vast majority wernt sheds.

Clio Williams 3
Owning a williams as a daily driver would be a nightmare. Unless you have serious time / money to spend it will just deteriorate and fall apart.

The clio williams in the pistonhead advert in post 1 is mine.

Decided to sell as I got it quite cheap in the first place but I've fallen in love with it, so I'm considering removing it from sale. I've spent nearly £600 in the past 2 weeks of ownership, some of which is overly fussy stuff though.

The issue with old cars isn't often the mechanical breakdowns. I've had new cars all my life that have left me stranded just as often as anything else.

The issue is a cheap and fast job usually turns into an expensive and long job due to seized nuts etc. I bought a new hub and abs sensor which turned into a large job as the old ball joint bolt snapped when trying to undo the nut. Then I needed a whole new ball joint as it was the only way to remove it!

I changed the rear wiper blade and the clips on the arm were so brittle they snapped. So that turned into a £30 job from a £4.99 job. However, for that reason most of the parts on my williams are brand new and ORIGINAL RENAULT parts from the dealership.

I'm having the clutch, cable and pivot arm bush replaced next thursday using all genuine renault parts, and tomorrow morning the back box and centre section is being replaced by the genuine original williams renault exhaust from Dieppe.

Last edited:
  Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Are you updating the clutch fork with a Megane item to make it lighter? Sure this is what people do. Shame you dont want to swap with a Ph1 Flame Red 172......

Clio Williams 3
Are you updating the clutch fork with a Megane item to make it lighter? Sure this is what people do. Shame you dont want to swap with a Ph1 Flame Red 172......

no I think the pivot washer has failed and there is a paddle clutch so just replacing those two bits will be enough for me