ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Service - What oil should I use

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'm going to give my Williams a service next weekend, and was wondering what oil I should be using? Any recomendations?

Depends where or what your using the car 5-40 fully synthetic is what I'd use.

Miller or motul is superb but depends what you need it for chnaging it more often with cheaper decinet oil is better for the engine but for track day etc and over 120degree work then you should use a decinet oil without question.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
This is the first change I've had to do since I got the car. It's mostly just town driving with the odd blast out on country roads that I use the car for. I will be changing the oil evry 5-6k miles. Not got any trck days planned in the near future

This is the first change I've had to do since I got the car. It's mostly just town driving with the odd blast out on country roads that I use the car for. I will be changing the oil evry 5-6k miles. Not got any trck days planned in the near future

Oil service intervals were ever 6k anyway for the car

If you know anyone who works at vauxhall etc try there oil its dirt cheap and very good just chnage it when it goes dark colour.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cheers Edde, don't really know anyone in Aberdeen in the motortrade. I'll prob just go to Halfords and get some decent 5w 40 oil and the filter.

Unless anyone in the Aberdeen area knows a better/cheaper spares centre I can get the oil/filter etc from?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ross i used 15w50 in it previously. It's what i use in all my cars/race cars.

Not cheap tho!

15w50 is too thick from cold over here really.

5w40 FTW :cool:

Elf Excellium LDX 5w40 from the stealers is pretty good I've found, and is only about £23 for 5 litres if the parts department has a brain and are decent :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
10w40 semi synthetic is what you require :)

Halfords (there brand) have 5 litres on offer at the mo for £15 :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Elf Excellium LDX 5w40 from the stealers is pretty good I've found, and is only about £23 for 5 litres if the parts department has a brain and are decent :)

But much better when warm!! I disagree that it's too thick! Just don't drive like a toss till it's warm.

But much better when warm!! I disagree that it's too thick! Just don't drive like a toss till it's warm.
lol
I don't, regardless of what oil I've got!

It's just nice to get into town in 10 minutes and actually have the tappets quietened down LoL

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I want some 10w50 for mine next.

Not sure 15w is too thick cold, it is the recommended viscocity, although I have always run 10w.

5 or 10 weight is so much better, 15 is a bit to thick i used it in minbe but realy its to thick when cold.

50 a bit thick as well IMO only for track day work in hotter temps.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
5 or 10 weight is so much better, 15 is a bit to thick i used it in minbe but realy its to thick when cold.

50 a bit thick as well IMO only for track day work in hotter temps.

Used it in the willy, 172, vee...No real drama's!

Mobil1 FTW!