ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams tuning

just out of intrest how easy would it be to get around the 180bhp mark with a williams?

what mods are we looking at to make this sort of power???

any info would be greatfull

mostly headwork and cams coupled with the normal exhaust and filter changes.

Mainly about detailed work around valve seats and valves, some port work, slight increase in CR, making sure cylinder pressures are as efficient as possible with a hone at least and new rings, wilder cams but you should be able to keep it hydraulic for easy service life, accurately matched and doweled inlet manifold. And finally a decent user programmable piggy back ECU.

The like of a decent exhaust, manifold and filter wont hurt.

cheers benR

just the info i was after, roughly how much price wise would we be looking at for this stuff doing?

cor, um....

roughly put

Headowork - 450
Cams & Pullies - 400
Manifold work - 70
Block work (assuming disassembled) - 100
ECU - 600/700

Then any exhust filter combination you decide on.

thanks benR :D

should hopefully have my money to buy a williams next friday, then the money from when i sell my vtr is going on a bit of tuning hehe:D

thanks again was just after a rough idea how much and what work was needed

When your interested in headwork, PM me, im sure i can sort you out with a good deal on a great head.

would it be ok to do it step by step? ie after breathing mods get just the headwork/piston rings etc without cams n pulleys, will there still be a good increase in power/torque

You can get to 180 hp mark without cams. Programmable chip (Unichip), headwork (valves also), quality forged pistons (for ex. JE) exhaust manifold and cat back (yes,no need to remove cat... Believe it or not but 16v manifold does a trick for a Willy) keep the original airbox, change the element only for ex. Pipercross and complete engine rebuild is wise too... Most of all, when all this work is done by professional people who know what they are doing...

there you are 180hp/219Nm ...

how much would it cost for pistons? ive seen the manifolds at £300+ :eek:

is that wat u have done to get 186bhp out of urs?

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 14 March 2004

how much would it cost for pistons? ive seen the manifolds at £300+ :eek:

is that wat u have done to get 186bhp out of urs?

Yep, just that. Cams added only 6 bhp, and right now we are wondering why... JE Pistons are told to be good and cheap. 800 € (inc.4 pistons and p&p) from Jaquemin Tuning, France. Standard willy exhaust manifold was very restrictive, dunno why 16v was soooo much better. Funny that you can use scrapyard to get power! The looks are not good though, but who cares... its under the bonnet. But im sure u get results without the pistons too, maybe headwork and breathing are the most vital things... If Ben can do head as described in his post above... be sure to contact him.

Get a 16v manifold. Ive seen comparison in my car: Supersprint, Standard Willy, Standard 16v. Results were: Supersprint best, Standard 16v almost the same, Standard Willy crap. So get the 16v, no reason to burn ££££ for 1 bhp. But its not just a bolt on, there is little work included, but not much ive been told...