ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Vs Valver

IMO, even till about 90/100 on the straights then willy will keep pulling. On bends, willy will win everytime...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Id say the williams has the advantage from the top of 2nd then its an obvious advantage in 3rd upwards...the willy will just keep pulling away.

I own both and the Williams is a ball hair behind until 3rd gear at about 70mph, but then it makes the valver look like its going backwards... pulled about 10 car lengths prolly more from 70-100. I do have a freaky gearbox, but it makes the car slower if anything.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

There is a big difference once into 3rd gear believe me, Ive done plenty of comparisons with a valver. The difference would be quite large at 100 mph..maybe not 10 car lengths but a lot...

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Ive raced a Valver up the 1/4 mile at Santa Pod... Beat it... not by a vast amount. Not sure what mods the valver had tho...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

the 2.0 standard is honestly a lot quicker, iv had both, and the 1.8 was tuned a fair bit as well, and it has nthing on the 2.0, its well over a seconds quicker to 100 qhich is a lot when ur doing 100mph, a good few car lengths!

reason 0-60s are the same is due to the williams loosing half a seconds changing to 3rd hear!

see that vid i put up, it hits 60 in 6 seconds, but theres a pause from 54mph due to having to change up to 3rd.

got to admit tho u cant beat reving the bollox of the valver thats what i miss the most!

williams and trophy

hehe.....well ive raced quite a few valvers.....and from mid way thru 3rd the valvers are history........

cat .....i used to think that the 2.0 valvers were always quicker than the willys...but get em to same spec and the willy still has the advantage hehe.........just

craig......theres nowt wrong wi revvin the willy a little higher either lol......get that limiter sorted fella

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah but the thing is taht most of you lot own silly williams.

Ive honestly stayed with a williams to 90 when we had to slow and there was nothing in it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by mr bognor on 15 October 2004

Just to add a bit more fuel on the fire how bout round a track Valver vs Williams ?
No contest

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 15 October 2004

Yeah but the thing is taht most of you lot own silly williams.

Ive honestly stayed with a williams to 90 when we had to slow and there was nothing in it.
either urs is a very fast valver then or the willy was a very slow un.....adis silver valver was rapid for a valver..no contest with the willy....my old valver was 1 of the quickest on the site when i had it.....couldnt touch the williams......and the willy had less mods

300bhp MR2 Turbo

You got to look at the bigger picture, a Williams with that low down torque will be so much more driveable than the valver.

Round a track the Williams will pull on the valver quite hapilly due to better cornering and the fact that the power is there as soon as it comes out of the bend.

I found my valver a chore to keep on the boil not enjoyable.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well maybe my valvers and good one and i raced a sh*tty williams? I dont know.

As soon as you compare modded against modded the williams will rise to the league above. A valver wont get near them.

Because most of you have very fast modded williams you probs forget how much quicker you are over standard.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

in the end of the day:-

The williams has more torque, more displacement, more bhp and a wider track.

Its gunna be faster at some point.

williams and trophy

As soon as you compare modded against modded the williams will rise to the league above. A valver wont get near them.

Because most of you have very fast modded williams you probs forget how much quicker you are over standard.
no mate not really....im running 0.6 seconds quicker over the 1/4 mile than i was as standard (well de-cat zorst n filter)......which was 1.3 seconds quicker than my valver with same mods.....but even in bog standard trim.....with the cat on etc the willy was nearly a second quicker down the strip........and once there up and running the williams just keeps pulling away from the valvers

as for the 172s..........pmsl

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 15 October 2004

no mate not really....im running 0.6 seconds quicker over the 1/4 mile than i was as standard (well de-cat zorst n filter)......which was 1.3 seconds quicker than my valver with same mods.....but even in bog standard trim.....with the cat on etc the willy was nearly a second quicker down the strip........and once there up and running the williams just keeps pulling away from the valvers
Just must have been a sh*t williams or driver i raced then. I spose standard v standard the driver will play a big part of it.

Anyway, im not try to argue. As i said in the post above the williams has more to offer, is a better car and will be faster! lol

williams and trophy

yeah the driver does play a big part......there are some very quick valvers out there that will give the williams a good run for their money....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ive had a tussle with a 172 but it wasnt for long as he turned off and he didnt pull on me. But as i said it wasnt for long so it nor me got to open our wings.

I cant wait for the weston meet. Im gunna test my valver then against some of the others. See how she stands up!

So would any of you guys prefer a Williams to a 172 then?

I personally love the Williams but never got one. I ended up with a 172 cause i wanted something a bit newer but there is very few Williams up in Newcastle. I would personally like one as well but i couldnt get rid of my 172 now cause i do love it. I just feel the Williams looks better with a set of 17s on its arse. Especially a set of Wolfrace Voodoos.

Anyone agree?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nah you cant change the williams mate. Deck it yeah but on the standards.

I know what your saying about voodoos though. They look great on valvers!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

my mates mk1 runs the same 1/4 mile times as my old 16v, the yellow beast leaves it for dead tho ;)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I like the 17" gold speedlines on the Willy then decked.

Looks more agressive in a still standardish way.

Only Clio Id have now is a Williams and that wont be for long, just one day Ill get one so I can say Ive had one.