ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy Conversion!!

Right as some of you know im in a bit of a dilema!

I have the chance to buy a 2.0 Willy 3 engine & gear box this weekend low milage i.e less then 65k, no S/H, but engine and box are still in the car and apparently it runs lovely!

For engine, gearbox (do i need this?), everything to do the conversion and full interior (seats, carpets, dials etc) he wants £1800!! Does this sound like a good deal?

How easy is it to clock a willy?

What should be included to do a full conversion?

Should i get the brakes and suspension too?

Can i convert my car with the ABS off of the willy?

It would be nice to keep the williams box, but you dont "need" it as such. My lump runs run with the 16v box - it just means your be doing higher revs in 5th drinking more juice then you would with a willy one. 5th on the williams is taller - plus i hear its tougher then the 16v. Depends how much hes asking, id say give it a miss if he wants more then £200 for it.

Youll need the ECU aswell - but from looking at your list, you kinda have a complete williams anyway but with out the shell by the look of things ;).

If i was you, id just take the engine & ECU - whats the point in taking the dials and interior? You may aswell sell your valver and by a proper williams if you want a lookalike. Stealth / sleepers are the way forward m8 - let it "look" like a 16v (which are quick as std in anycase) and let the engine do the talking ;)

PS - get a HP STG 1 ecu if u can instead of the std 1. You cant be doing with none of that 57mph in 2nd bussines.

Do you mean get a HP chip? Or whole ECU?

I want the dials as they will prove the engine and box has done less then 65k, just thinking bout when i come to sell it id rather buy one that has got 65k on the dials rather then the bloke telling me it has only done 65k and the dials show 130k if you get me!!

I want the interior as i think it looks well nice and he only wants £300 if i buy the engine!!

I dont want it to look like a Willy as such!! Id love a Willy (if i could find a nice Willy 3) but id want to slam it on 17s with a decent spoiler and probably a dimma or the beemer M3 look alike front bumper, some nice side skirts, tints etc and it wouldnt feel right doing that to the Willy!

Id like to make mine into a proper Willy Hybrid and id get 2 badges made up in the Renault font saying "Willy" or "Valver" (not sure yet) and "Hybrid" to stick on the back!!

Is the suspension much different as i have heard the willy handles better? What about the ABS conversion??

The ABS maybe an issue if your current 16v in non-abs standard. It could also be linked into the ECU so id say no. (ABS is for pussys anyway)

Yeah - get a hillpower chip if you can m8, rather then buying the williams one. The willy engine can be run on the 16v ECU - tho i wouldnt advise this long term, best sending your 16v ECU to HP for the chip.

i wouldnt say £300 was good for williams interior m8 - tho if you want it then go for it.

You could do the convertion alot cheaper allnall dont forget to add labour costs and money for news parts. Even with tho miles youd be silly not to replace clutch, pumps etc while its out.

You fitting it yourself?

Ok i agree with the ABS being for pussys!!

It comes with the Willy ECU matey but am gonna get a hill power chip for that! Im gonna do the Head Gasket/Clutch/Pumps and kent or piper cam kit, cam belt + pulleys etc before i get the engine fitted too!! May also get BEN R to do some head work for me too!!

Not sure whether or not to fit it myself yet! I have a mate who worked for F*rd for 8 years and is now working for the RAC so we might do it or Weight has offered his services! So am hoping labour is gonna be kept to the minimum which means buying more engine parts :D lol

Whats a good price for the interior? Its mint!! The bloke reckons that willy interior usually goes for £500 but hes gonna let me have it for £300 as im buying the engine!

Isnt the engine number stamped into the block?

no its on a plate ;):D

cams and head work sounds nice - BBPT offer this deal but they want £1500, if anyone can do it for £1000 cheaper (Ben R ?! Maybe ;)) then id prob go down the same route. However as for now - i have more then enough power on tap! im still getting used to it. Im thinking of uprating my brakes to tell the truth - Currently im running a pair of Tarox G88s up front! with DS2000 pads and they only just cope! (Ask nick w AKA -> "papa?")

Think they may need bleeding, id love to know if i could get some 4 pots without changing my disc size... anyone?

How are you affording all this work Smokey? did u get a loan?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

1800 seems a hell of a lot. Just get the engine, gearbox if you want but Id rather use the rest of any money you have spending on new cambelt, water pump etc and maybe chip and cams rather than interior which isnt that much better than the 16v.

Do you really need to pay loads for blue dials, seats etc ?

End of the day its personal choice but if going for the 2 litre yopu want to make sure all the expensive stuff is done with the engine out, inc clutch, to save nasty bills later and give years of hopefully trouble free motoring.

well i have spoken to the guy and am paying my deposite tomorrow!!

HillPower charge £124+VAT to ClioSport members!!

BENR quoted me £450 for head work!

Can get the cams from Bondy for £150

Willy 3 engine, ecu and loom is costing £950 +VAT

Interior is costing £300

He wants £400 for the G/Box!

Delivery £35

He is only charging me VAT for the engine but the other bits are VAT Free!!

Grand Total=£1851.25 or £2601.25 with H/W, Cams and H/P Chip!!

Am getting a £2500 loan!!

Am already gonna change the Clutch/Head Gasket/Water pump/cam belt!!

Gonna do these bits my self to save on labour!

What else should i change while im at it?

Hopefully will all be sorted over x-mas if not sooner!!

Good work fella, not too sad a deal - i still think youd be better of taking just the engine. Have you ever driven a std willy? as id like to know what sort of improvments youll be getting from Ben Rs work + cams.

Let us know when shes done, we should meet up when its done to compare - where abouts are u ?

what would be a decent price for a 16V with a willy lump already in and running ??

Ive just seen one on auto trader

RENAULT CLIO 1.8 16v, M
reg. Metallic Silver, 20 16V Williams engine, lowered suspension, Dimma petrol cap, speck R bits insides, alloys, drivers airbag, e/windows, remote locking, MOT, very fast, may p/x. £2,395 .

That car is a heap of sh*t tho

Smokey - think u need to slow down, think u need to tell us what your hoping to acheive rather than just doing this and that!

tell him to go jump for his g/box, only 500 brand new!

Oh and this guy sounds like a c**k!

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 12 November 2003

That car is a heap of sh*t tho

Smokey - think u need to slow down, think u need to tell us what your hoping to acheive rather than just doing this and that!

tell him to go jump for his g/box, only 500 brand new!

Oh and this guy sounds like a c**k!

What a brand new willy box is £500 Brand new?

Whys he sound like a c**k matey?

I want a very fast, good handling 16v/willy hybrid fella!! That im not going to lose too much cash on when i sell it!!

if those seats are from a phase 2 youll need the subframes unless you wanna mod your own mate as you havent got the height adjustable feature.

cant be more of a b*****d then changing the whole engine thou lol

I have access to 2 car ramps anytime i want throu work so will do it when the cars in the air!!

Dont care bout the willy ones they can do that!!

the seats take 5 mins to do - only 2 bolts under the car, you can remove them with the subframe attached.

I do agree with Weight tho fella, give it some serious thought before you lay any cash down.

Sub frames are easy to take out. But i dont think there is any difference in subframes? I got hight adjustable seats on my phase one subframes?

Have ya? do they work fine mate?

I will take them anyway as im paying for the full interior so i am gonna get it all lol

Yeah works a treat, nice and leather too!!!

Its actually easier to take the subframes out tho than just the seats!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Seems quite a lot of money to me. But then again they aint easy to come by.

I fitted the williams gearbox and am glad i did. feels like a shorter shift than the valver one too.

BTW INteriors worth £250 ish if its mint. seats will fit cos i had some willy 3 seats in my phase 1 for a bit.

Interior is mint mate, it includes literally everything, seats including subframes, seat belts, carpets, parcel shelf, standard speakers, full dash including heating setup matrix/blower unit etc, dials, gear knob, steering wheel, door cards, centre console, pedals, infrared locking thingy and ignition barrel and door locks!!

£300 dont sound too bad then!!

Paul16V- How much did ya pay for your gearbox mate? why you not got willy seats now?

I have seen your motors for sale fella cause i considdered it when i was in 2 minds what to do!! but i want the project mate and too work on it myself!!

Good luck with the sale thou mate!!

Titanium 182

smokey, u know what 2 do, just slam it on sum new rims 100mm slam job and just P.I.M.P

whats speeding all about anyways ;)

they u can look at your ride and think yesh she looks sweet

mailto:lol@Dean">lol@Dean!! Just Slam it -100mm :confused: lol

Gonna slam it -50 mm i think throu BBPT!! If it dont mess up the handling to much!!