ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

willy vs vts videos

Well, mines not a turbo...but if your car beats me then Im getting straight on the phone to someone who does have a Clio turbo!

Zafira and GSXR

lol like I said you should hit 60 before but I want to be on your back bumper when you do.

So what have you got then wheels, stereo engine mods etc etc.

Well, see my other post as Im being a bit tight lipped about engine mods and I dont want to give you a false impression of the performance until Ive got it back on the road and then on the rollers. Im pretty confident that you wont be on my bumper at 60 though - but fair play if you are.

http://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/meets/brands-hatch-241102/DCP_1722.htmlhttp://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/meets/brands-hatch-241102/DCP_1722.html

Most people keep the 16v standard on the outside as you coulnt really ask for much more than flared arches, bonnet bulge and sports bumpers. But Ive taken it a step further by getting rid of the big wheels my car came with and making it look as original as possible. The only exterior mods are colour-coding of the side strips and the spoiler (which dont make much difference on a black car!). I guess Ive got a fat tailpipe as well, but does that count? The "16v" badges have been colour coded black instead of silver too.

Inside, Ive got the factory full leather option and Ive added a Momo leather/suede steering wheel, gearknob and pedals. With this little lot, I think youll agree the interior doesnt need moding either. The ICE is fairly modest - a nice head unit, 13 discreet speakers and a 10" sub.

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 29 January 2003

Well, see my other post as Im being a bit tight lipped about engine mods and I dont want to give you a false impression of the performance until Ive got it back on the road and then on the rollers. Im pretty confident that you wont be on my bumper at 60 though - but fair play if you are.

http://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/meets/brands-hatch-241102/DCP_1722.htmlhttp://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/meets/brands-hatch-241102/DCP_1722.html

Most people keep the 16v standard on the outside as you coulnt really ask for much more than flared arches, bonnet bulge and sports bumpers. But Ive taken it a step further by getting rid of the big wheels my car came with and making it look as original as possible. The only exterior mods are colour-coding of the side strips and the spoiler (which dont make much difference on a black car!). I guess Ive got a fat tailpipe as well, but does that count? The "16v" badges have been colour coded black instead of silver too.

Inside, Ive got the factory full leather option and Ive added a Momo leather/suede steering wheel, gearknob and pedals. With this little lot, I think youll agree the interior doesnt need moding either. The ICE is fairly modest - a nice head unit, 13 discreet speakers and a 10" sub.
I am off to bad start then 18s and full boot build :cry:

So you must have some nice tweeks to be keeping them quiet.

I will just have to wait for the RR day then to get a rough idear. What is the standard wheel figure of a 16v.

A standard 16v should make about 115bhp at the wheels with very little torque until 4500rpm. But be warned, there are some very powerful standard F7P/R-series engines out there. Many F7R (Willy) engines make 140-150bhp at the wheels; the quoted power at the fly is 150bhp!

I would hope my performance stats are not far off Mat Browns 16v in the latest issue of Performance GTi ("Group Thrash"). Proven at Bruntingthorpe:

0-60 6.69 secs

0-100 17.16 secs

1/4 mile in 15.0 secs @ 93.77mph

132.34mph top whack

Compare them to a 172! But I know for a fact that my car is slower than Mat Browns at top end though. My car looks the same except for being black with leather.

Zafira and GSXR

Thats a big engine spec Ben H, This whole debate is about a standard 16v 1.8.

Those figures would give a 172 a hard time.

The only test Ive seen of a 16v was in Autocar in 1991.

0-60 7.3 secs, 30-70 7.1 secs, 127mph top speed.

Those figures arent that much less! Aaron Cs totally standard 16v pulls 0-60 in 7.1 secs.

i should be getting the southampton 172 boys coming to this too..

maybe the guildford ish ones too?? simon172?? - wanna ass kickin?

CTR EK9 turbo

Possibly up for meeting down there. If its a free for any car ill ask my friends in their : Golf mk.2 16v, pulsar, possibly 205 gti 1.9, and any others i can muster down. I could ask my mate in his pulsar to bring along his other mate with his bright purple 205 gti-6 engined monster on twin 48s. The pulsar will eat all of us alive and spit us out like a furball thats been munched/digested and exgested.(is that a word? well, ive made it up anyway).

Heres the 205: (if the bloomin pics work!!)

http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/display.asp?path=pics\ian\teheher.jpg

http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/display.asp?path=pics\ian\ethr.jpg

http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/display.asp?path=pics\ian\rtherh.jpg

Gabies doing cav-crossed-arms-cool-cruiza look.

right.

my williams engned 16v will beat all standard VTS saxos, if your HDi is quicker then Bens then then im selling up and buying one,

Ben it would be good for you and me to meet that local lad with the VTS to save the face of the mighty 16v.

My clio is a flyer, it beat a 106 GTi that was fairly extensivly modified, head work, and hot cams, but these are pointless unfair comparisons, i would much rather have a side by side drag up a quiet bit of dual carriage way. to eliminate some of the variables making it as fair a test of car/driver alone.

remeber modern diesels make big power but diesels by thier nature give very small power bands, my williams engine comes on 2.5k and hits the raised rev limiter at about 7K.

i have aklsways said the 106 GTi is a fantastic car, if i were shorter and had smaller feet i would own one now, but im glad i bought the 16v and did what i have done as its now a btter car IMO.

Ben sort it out!

Zafira and GSXR

My HDI is going to get killed by both Bens, I mean Ben J wants to pick on a 172 and Ben H has got secret engine mods wink wink :D. Still up to have a go though never hurts to try lol.

Simon I will add you to my remind list when we get the date sorted but bring all ya mates the more merrier.

Lofty you going to come down, sholud be a good night.

yea tell simon to bring as many as the guildford boys as possible. ive also put it in the hampshire meet topic in meetings forum and told cliobabe as well bout it

Neil, i say you should come to us, your the one with the fuel economy!

Ben J i am refering to Ben H who loves by me at the moment, he has also driven my car and i am yet to see his moving properly!

it is absolutly stunning, i would love to get my car to that condition but it simply isnt possible if you us it everyday.

and i haop im not letting anything out the bag Ben but just to let Neil know its been dynod at 172BHP, not to be sniffed at, but both Neil and myself have got a significant advantage on torque.

anyone want embaressing around the bristol area im on hand,

and remeber there is no replacment for displacement!

Zafira and GSXR

I am going to see if we can get a French Car Meet in Hampshire (Hedge End) on the 22nd both the Cliosport and Peugeot GTI Autosport Club. Have posted in the Hampshire thred in the Meetings section. If all goes right it should be a good one.

Thats if you boys what to meet poeple from the PGAC anyway ;)

Aw! Lofty! You let the cat out of the bag!

Never mind, cheers for the compliments about my 16v - yours is stunning too, and is very different to drive than mine!

But Neil, as I was saying earlier on, the only test Ive seen of a 16v was in Autocar in 1991:

Those figures arent that much less than my car and Aaron Cs totally standard 16v pulls 0-60 in 7.1 secs. So if you can beat a standard 16v then youre surely directly in my performance territory! I never underestimate the enemy! ;)

BMW 320d Sport

Neil go for it cos were gonna meet the PGAC lot at the French Car Show anyway. Plus if we do York this year, well invite PGAC to that as well.

Just read all 9 pages of this, all I can say is b****cks!!!!:mad::mad: Why does my valver have to have a knackered gearbox now!!!!!!

Im in Pompey and well up for seeing this deul :D has a time/date been confirmed by anyone via PMs yet??????

Zafira and GSXR

So should we just say the 22nd of feb in the evening.

Then we start a new thread on both sites to get as much interest as possible.

French Car meet here we come.

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 31 January 2003

Aw! Lofty! You let the cat out of the bag!

Never mind, cheers for the compliments about my 16v - yours is stunning too, and is very different to drive than mine!

But Neil, as I was saying earlier on, the only test Ive seen of a 16v was in Autocar in 1991:

Those figures arent that much less than my car and Aaron Cs totally standard 16v pulls 0-60 in 7.1 secs. So if you can beat a standard 16v then youre surely directly in my performance territory! I never underestimate the enemy! ;)
Like I said Lofty a 16v just beats me to 60mph because I have to change to 3rd but there is not much of a gap ;).

My HDI is good of the mark where it helps.