ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wilwood midilite caliper - part number for 182

Hi all. I'm looking to purchase some Wilwood calipers for my 182 track car. These are to complement the existing Tar-Ox F2000 discs (280mm). I run 15" wheels on track.

I'm after the Wilwood part number for the calipers which would fit the 280mm discs.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks all.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Its not as simple as just ordering the calipers. There aren't any that are a direct fit as such, all will need adapter brackets to allow them to fit to the clio hubs

Various companies do wilwoods or similar in a kit form, K-tec racing, Pure Motorsport, Compbrake to name a few. Be worth looking those up

Of course yep. However I have already discs and hoses. All I need is the calipers and brackets. So, the kits aren't necessary as I don't want the discs nor the hoses...

Honestly don't bother, I've recently got rid of Compbrake 4 pots and there's not much difference to OE callipers and decent pads. Save yourself the hassle and money. This comes from experience...

Oh and my 15" track wheels didn't fit over them either...

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I'm running Tarox F2000 discs with Ferodo DS3000 pads. Millers Dot4 '300 Plus' fluid with braided front hoses. the brakes work great....for about 20 mins then become pretty spongey. My hope is that the 4-pot will aid cooler running, thus preventing the fluid getting too hot - which is currently happening. This was experienced during 'ring trips.

My advice would be ditch the DS pads for something like the Carbone Lorraine RC6 endurance, ditch the Tarox discs for Brembo Max and aid cooling to the brakes via the fog lights and remove the wheel arch splash guards, shouldn't have any issues then. 4 pots on standard discs wont help cool any better IMO.

I had the DS3000 in my 4 pots and they're not progressive at all, the initial bite is to hard which wont help keeping things cool as they're pretty much either on or off no in-between in my experience.

Last edited:

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I agree with JB21, i don' see the need for anything more than standard calipers on a clio. The standard calipers in good working order with good pads and discs offer great stopping ability.

A set of refurbed/new standard calipers, some bake ducting, chnage to brembo HC discs, castrol srf fluid and a pad like the CL RC6 OR Feroddo DS1.11. Do you have the brake pipes and fluid reservoir shielded from the manifold heat?