ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 10 activation issue (Apparent blocked key)

So when windows 10 rolled out as the free upgrade, I went from W7 to W10 as an upgrade as recommended. Then once that was activated and all good, I re-installed windows 10 as a new OS which was also activated and all good.
Tonight i re-installed windows 10 as i had a lot of rubbish installed and just wanted a general clear up of partitions. Now it wont activate, i get the Error code: 0xC004C003 (The activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked).

Has anyone had this and managed to get the problem to resolve?

Last edited:
So on the phone to windows, from what i could make out from the absolutely terrible line, You can only upgrade to windows 10 and not allowed to to a clean installation?

So on the phone to windows, from what i could make out from the absolutely terrible line, You can only upgrade to windows 10 and not allowed to to a clean installation?

Correct yes, the win8/7/8.1 key won't work directly in Windows, it'll only work when you upgrade, and is handled on the activation process within the upgrade.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Upgrade from 7/8 to 10, create media cd and re-install with that - fresh copy of windows 10.

I've just put SSD's in our desktop and 2 laptops and all run fresh copies of Windows 10 now.

Cupra
Upgrade from 7/8 to 10, create media cd and re-install with that - fresh copy of windows 10.

I've just put SSD's in our desktop and 2 laptops and all run fresh copies of Windows 10 now.

That's what I have done too. You only have to go through the update process once on a machine and then it earns itself an active Windows 10 licence. You can then perform a fresh install with Windows and it will activate itself automatically.

Are you entering the key into Windows 10 when installing, or waiting for it to activate itself at the end? The only way to get it working is to skip the part that asks for the licence key when you are installing it, and then activate online when it has gone through the first boot.

That's what I have done too. You only have to go through the update process once on a machine and then it earns itself an active Windows 10 licence. You can then perform a fresh install with Windows and it will activate itself automatically.

Are you entering the key into Windows 10 when installing, or waiting for it to activate itself at the end? The only way to get it working is to skip the part that asks for the licence key when you are installing it, and then activate online when it has gone through the first boot.
I'm not typing in any key, tbh I don't even know what the key is! It's on a OEM key and there's no sticker. Going to take it back to W7 when I get time and go from there.