ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 10 Now live!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone using Adobe Lightroom and or Photoshop with this? CC preferably.
My Lightroom has been running really bad since the update (from LR6 to LR CC) running on 8.1 - Just want to check it'll be fine on 10 before I upgrade.

I was running LR5 on W10 absolutely fine. But yesterday I upgraded to LR CC. It seems slower now, which is strange, like a second lag when using the brush tools.

My laptop is an i7-4700, 16GB, GT750M, x64. So no reason to run slow.

Just went from an "upgrade" to a "clean" install, now I'm getting issues :(

Random reboots, where do I go to find any sort of log of what may have happened?

So far all I've done is installed nvidia drivers, chrome and steam.

And have changed no lock screen, removed stuff from start menu and changed my user folders and download folder to my proper hard drive (OS on ssd)

A4 Avant & A3
I've upgraded my work laptop from 8.1 to 10, only as I had annual leave & wanted to try streaming the Xbox one to the laptop (which works well!) I've been using it fine, up until I tried to purchase car insurance a couple of days ago.
On going through the payments page, I entered all my details & then get the 3D secure authentication pop up, I enter the 3 digits of my password & it hung, only to go back to the insurers payment page.
On the second try it informed me my card had been declined. I called the bank & my card was fine.
I fired up my old Windows xp netbook & purchased it fine on that?... not looked into it again since, but a potential issue maybe, or more likely an isolated case on my part..

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
...I entered all my details & then get the 3D secure authentication pop up, I enter the 3 digits of my password & it hung, only to go back to the insurers payment page.
On the second try it informed me my card had been declined. I called the bank & my card was fine.
I've purchased a few things using Win10 with Google Chrome (which has been updated to the latest version). I've had no problems with the 3D authentication whatsoever. I've not tried purchasing anything through Microsoft's EDGE browser as yet.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've purchased a few things using Win10 with Google Chrome (which has been updated to the latest version). I've had no problems with the 3D authentication whatsoever. I've not tried purchasing anything through Microsoft's EDGE browser as yet.

We've had a few Silverlight issues with Edge at work - strange with it being a Microsoft product too. One of the order portals for customers is throwing its toys out - though it's fine with other browsers such as Firefox. Not so much with Chrome as Google refuse to support it any more. Not really surprising - how many other places use Silverlight? I bet we're in the minority!

2014 Focus Titanium
We've had a few Silverlight issues with Edge at work - strange with it being a Microsoft product too. One of the order portals for customers is throwing its toys out - though it's fine with other browsers such as Firefox. Not so much with Chrome as Google refuse to support it any more. Not really surprising - how many other places use Silverlight? I bet we're in the minority!
The only thing that I can think of that uses it is Sky Go so I quite agree!

Nope isn't running at all on mine... but my fans are almost constantly on! Really annoying.
My clean install (turned out to be missing drivers) has stopped running svchost and the fans only come on during gaming. Still not a clue what svchost actually does and why it needed to use all the spare CPU.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
My clean install (turned out to be missing drivers) has stopped running svchost and the fans only come on during gaming. Still not a clue what svchost actually does and why it needed to use all the spare CPU.
svchost is effectively a generic container process that hosts one or more services. More often than not these svchost processes you see running are pretty important in terms of maintaining a stable and working operating system (hence it can be a bad idea to manually kill the processes). It's not obvious what goes on within the processes though; Windows uses it for running their malware and cleanup services amongst other things.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just went from an "upgrade" to a "clean" install, now I'm getting issues 😧

Random reboots, where do I go to find any sort of log of what may have happened?

So far all I've done is installed nvidia drivers, chrome and steam.

And have changed no lock screen, removed stuff from start menu and changed my user folders and download folder to my proper hard drive (OS on ssd)
have you fixed this?

I have been experiencing issues with the search box not appearing and the laptop blue screening after coming out of hibernate, giving me an internal_power_error.

After a bit of googling it seems it was the graphics driver, lots of people experiencing issues with graphics driver, i just went into device manager and upgraded it from there, and since i havent had any issues.

Yea I went onto dell and had the tool do a search for drivers, I thought I had installed all but there where 4 that had updates. Installed them and a BIOS update and its been sweet since. I've now placed a driver pack on one of my external drives in case I need a fresh install again. Never had blue screens though just a clean reboot.

DCi
Just did an update for me mum because she just goes on the net

First look at w10 for me and seems ok... Would want a clean install for me though so need an ISO or something

Enjoying most of it so far, the best feature I've found so far is the usual windows snap (using the corner of the display or via keyboard), and it allows you to select an app to fill the rest of the monitor, pretty cool.

It also allows you to do less than half too!

Cupra
They finally released RSAT but it doesnt work 😧

It does, you just have to read the small print. First you have to install the U.S. English language pack. Add it in settings and then download the language pack.
Then install the RSAT update. Took me a while before I spotted it too.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It does, you just have to read the small print. First you have to install the U.S. English language pack. Add it in settings and then download the language pack.
Then install the RSAT update. Took me a while before I spotted it too.

I've already added the language pack, it still doesnt work for me.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
After adding US English, did you then follow the second step of downloading and installing the language pack afterwards? That was what I was missing.

Thanks, I thought it had installed the language pack, but on closer inspection it hadn't but its all done and working now.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Same. Couldn't find anything better about it. Only problems

The window snap thing is really annoying if you have two monitors because the windows get stuck as you drag from one monitor to the other
I was having slow/laggy performance, excessive hard disk usage and then at weekend the start menu broke, so I decided whilst I still could (within 1 month) I'd pull the eject handle and go back to Windows 7.
Needs a few months of bug fixing, then I will probably give it another go, fresh install this time though.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yes, tbh Windows 8.1 with update was worth upgrading from 7.

8.1 & 10 boot much faster and are generally more responsive, until yesterday I had issues with Windows 10 on my machine but as I suspected it was due to it not liking the boot disk configuration on my motherboard's 6GB/s controller, I've resolved this now and this is the 3rd machine in the house I've now got it running on, the other 2 its run on flawlessly from day 1. My wife never got on with 8.1 despite my efforts to convert her, but she's quite happy with 10.

Evo 8 MR
Yes, tbh Windows 8.1 with update was worth upgrading from 7.

8.1 & 10 boot much faster and are generally more responsive, until yesterday I had issues with Windows 10 on my machine but as I suspected it was due to it not liking the boot disk configuration on my motherboard's 6GB/s controller, I've resolved this now and this is the 3rd machine in the house I've now got it running on, the other 2 its run on flawlessly from day 1. My wife never got on with 8.1 despite my efforts to convert her, but she's quite happy with 10.
I decided to have a punt based on your feedback, so far so good, feels pretty neat.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Windows 10 is definitely slower to boot than Windows 8.1 on my computer... haven't had any problems recently though, just kind of used to it now.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Windows 10 for me booted much quicker than 8.1.

A fresh install on a ssd is ridiculously quick to load!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I did a fresh install on my brothers laptop whilst it was with me for a screen replacement and it boots ridicoulously quick despite not even having an SSD.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Strange maybe I've got something weird going on... mine's on an SSD and took about 7 seconds to usable desktop on Windows 8.1 but with Windows 10 it's more like 20 seconds.

F82 M4
Strange maybe I've got something weird going on... mine's on an SSD and took about 7 seconds to usable desktop on Windows 8.1 but with Windows 10 it's more like 20 seconds.
I have the exact same issue mate. Let me know if you find anything out

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A few new feature updates being added today that may be of interest to Win10 gamers.
  • Support for AMD’s Freesync™ and NVIDIA’s G-SYNC™ in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) games and apps
  • Unlocked frame rate for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) games and apps
Once applications take advantage of these new features, you will be able to play your UWP games with unlocked frame rates. We expect Gears of War: UE and Forza Motorsport 6: Apex to lead the way by adding this support in the very near future.

There should also be some news soon regarding support for multi-GPU setups.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A few new feature updates being added today that may be of interest to Win10 gamers.
  • Support for AMD’s Freesync™ and NVIDIA’s G-SYNC™ in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) games and apps
  • Unlocked frame rate for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) games and apps
Once applications take advantage of these new features, you will be able to play your UWP games with unlocked frame rates. We expect Gears of War: UE and Forza Motorsport 6: Apex to lead the way by adding this support in the very near future.

There should also be some news soon regarding support for multi-GPU setups.

We're half-way there with my check-list of Needs & Wants! :p