ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 7 expiration Question HELP!!!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
hey guys,

I'm currently running windows 7 build 7100 (x64)

and have had an email from microsoft a while back, saying that the beta is about to expire on the 1st of july, resulting in a pc that powers down every two hours.

i have builds 7201 and 7232 downloading, (might take a while)
and have a copy of 7137 on my pc to upgrade to also.

question is.. does anyone know which build/s are safe from the expiration date of the 1st? if any?

thanks!
jonny

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As above, The RC1 is available till the end of July.

Will be valid till next year, then have the 2hr limit impossed after that.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've heard that all builds (so far) after 7100 can use your RC key and are all valid until the same time... not tried it myself though.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Fools + Small Knowledge = Trouble.

If you knew enough about computers to be using W7Beta, you shouldn't have to ask these questions.

Better than yours. C*nt.
It's a valid point. Betas are something you venture into with no support, knowing that any issues you have you need to fix yourself. If you don't know to get the latest version from Microsoft, I'd hazard a guess that you're not really the target audience for a beta (particularly an OS beta).

Last edited by a moderator:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
well it's not beta anymore is it, it's rc1 and it's stable as you like

But again, not a public release, so no support, no fallback and at the end of it all there's no clean 'upgrade' to the RTM/GPR version when they're available.

It genuinely is a support nightmare - and one that riles me because so many do it and then turn to their techy mates (who spend all day dealing with thick asswipes, and don't particularly want to do it all over again in the evening!) to dig them out of a mess because they read on the internets how to install it and how it's l33t.

And funnily enough, these tend to be the same people that say Vista is shite...

Better than yours. C*nt.
but not everything works with it unfortunately

Not even touched it. I'll get the RTM when it's made available as I did with Vista - RC1 had so many new bugs over the Beta it just made a joke of the process - by RC1 you should be polishing, not introducing features!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just to let you know I've been running Windows 7 since the build before 6959 (can't remember now) and have never experienced one crash or anything :D driver support is amazing, far better than any OS I've experienced before. It's true what you've read... it's stable as fook.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Cool. I figured they'd learnt their mistakes from the first months of Vista (Pre-SP1), but I've got a bit much on before looking into it in depth!

driver support isnt amazing on anything other than the latest mainstream components. the drivers that come with it arnt designed for performance just to get you up and running

the xp compatibility i have found to be a bit of a joke as its never done anything when i have tried it but i expect it and dont begrudge it at all after all its my fault for running odball applications :)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Fools + Small Knowledge = Trouble.

If you knew enough about computers to be using W7Beta, you shouldn't have to ask these questions.

dont be a bellend... fools..? seriously? you are NOT mr-T.

I've worked in the IT industry for years and am now doing a degree in computer science and business, so my knowledge is fine thanks..

I was just under the impression that you had to have some sort of special account with microsoft to download the RC.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I've had Win 7 64bit installed for a fair few months & like it tbh. However, I am dreading the 2 hour switch off next year... If you buy a Win 7 64Bit before its due to expire, can you just put in the new product code instead of having to do a fresh install?...

Better than yours. C*nt.
dont be a bellend... fools..? seriously? you are NOT mr-T.

I've worked in the IT industry for years and am now doing a degree in computer science and business, so my knowledge is fine thanks..

I was just under the impression that you had to have some sort of special account with microsoft to download the RC.

As McBunny said, really - obviously working with your head buried under a rock as the RC was announced as being publically available!