ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows making s**tty popping sound

Bus w**ker
Try changing the settings for the sound scheme from within control panel. It's not a sound event I've seen before, but I'd guess it's controllable in there if anywhere.

CS Dungeon
Have had the same problem with xp pro SP3, vista ultimate and now windows 7 ultimate and never found a fix for it

Blocked pop-up window sound is disabled under control panel and system sounds

B

Brown.

Nothing to add here, but the usual mac BS..... but i noticed

......Related video's ????

Screenshot2009-12-27at152610.png

ValverInBits
Sorry, I thought you had some other motivation for using IE. Just use Firefox mate. It's a better browser, and it'll never make stupid noises at you.

Iceberg Ph1
Have you got any toolbars installed into IE that incorporated a pop up blocker? Stuff like Google and Yahoo etc have these.. I have experienced even with them disabled (right click, untick 'Google Toolbar' for example) they still run.. Could be a possibility?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Control Panel > Sound > Sounds tab > scroll and find 'Start Navigation' and change the sound to 'none'

or if it isn't Start Navigation try changing 'Blocked pop-up Window' to 'none' too.

CS Dungeon
No toolbars at all and both start navigation and blocked pop-up window have been changed to none and restarted and still doing it!

Tried firefox, opera etc and always seem to end up back to IE for one reason or another...........dont know why but seem to get on better with it. Maybe time to give firefox another go, just shouldnt have to