ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Xp Help me please

I'm currently offshore the now and i have taken my old laptop with me but forgotten the password on it
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

All i can do is sign in under a guest but the guest account doesn't let me connect to internet when i plug in a local area network cable.
thumbdown.gif

Does anyone know how i can around this ?

As i've done what it says in help and ticked the box next to "detect lan settings automatically"

But still nothing.

Hope someone can help as i'm using someone elses computer and its a pain in arse :(

MINI Cooper S
Restart the laptop, press f8 and start it in safe mode. When it starts up, there should be a user 'Administrator'. Log on using this username and hopefully it wont ask for a password (hopefully you haven't set a administrator password). Once your logged on go onto your user settings in control panel and change your normal user name password.

Restart the laptop, press f8 and start it in safe mode. When it starts up, there should be a user 'Administrator'. Log on using this username and hopefully it wont ask for a password (hopefully you haven't set a administrator password). Once your logged on go onto your user settings in control panel and change your normal user name password.

Cheers mate,

I have Just tried that mate and it aint letting me go any further without a password :(

Anyone any ideas what i can do now ?

Its Windows Xp Professional i'm running ;)

Clio 197
BART PE will allow you access to all files on the hard-disk.

Look up Bart PE or Bart tools, and create an XP Startup CD.

When booted, it will allow you to move/copy files on your HD. Thus you can copy your important documents onto the guest account (then accessimg them from there).

BART PE will allow you access to all files on the hard-disk.

Look up Bart PE or Bart tools, and create an XP Startup CD.

When booted, it will allow you to move/copy files on your HD. Thus you can copy your important documents onto the guest account (then accessimg them from there).

What is "Bart Pe" or "Bart Tools" mate ?

And my laptop i have with me is so old it only has A BURNER for audio cd's :(

Clio 197
Bart PE is a boot disk, that can give you a windows interface without even having windows installed.

It's like running your machine off a CD instead of a HD.

If you want, I can post a link of an image file that'll give you what you want. All you need to do is burn it.

Do you have nero running?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i know ur struggling, but if u can get it you want to download something called hirens boot cd from torrent or similar, and get it on cd somehow (maybe on another comp)

you can boot with this and reset the local administrator password. i tried it last week on a laptop and it worked fine.

where are you located?

i know ur struggling, but if u can get it you want to download something called hirens boot cd from torrent or similar, and get it on cd somehow (maybe on another comp)

you can boot with this and reset the local administrator password. i tried it last week on a laptop and it worked fine.

where are you located?

Cheers Adam, I'll try and source a comp i can burn discs on ;)

I'm on the Bp Harding platform 200 miles n east of Aberdeen at the moment.

Bart PE is a boot disk, that can give you a windows interface without even having windows installed.

If you want, I can post a link of an image file that'll give you what you want. All you need to do is burn it.

Ah ok i got ya now.

Any chance you could post that image file mate ?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I was just gonna suggest i can post u a copy. just PM me ya addy and gimme a reminder monday and i will get it in the post matey!

Clio 197

Ah ok i got ya now.

Any chance you could post that image file mate ?

I'll have to upload it, which will take some time.

By then, Adams could have posted one to you... which I can do too if you like?

PM your addy, and I can send a copy to you.

Oms.

Clio 172mk2
you dont need to press f8 to get on as the administrator, when u get onto log on scren pres ctrl+alt+del do that twice then u can log on as the administrator passwords normally blank

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
ive done this a few times, i cant remember the exact steps...i think its like this (this is from memory, so sorry if it doesnt work)

start ur pc in "safe mode"

then in the help and support.

search for user accounts, the from the left hand side select "change your password" then the instructions should appear on the right hand side.

in the right hand window on step 1, it should say "open user accounts in control panel" ....the word user accounts should be a link, click it

it should take u to the user accounts panel where i think! but cant remember 100% you can change the password, or even create another admin account.

sorry, but i need to pop out!

I hope this works, if not, i'll go through it when i get back