ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Totally Frosted

Evening y’all.

Just been out in the flange-wagon, and on the way home travelling west into the low sun, I couldn’t see anything. It was like looking through frosted glass. Never seen anything like it.

Had a closer look and there is a really heavy build up on the glass. I’ve tried polishing it with Autoglym glass polish and fast glass but to no avail, it won’t shift. You can feel the rough surface with your fingers.

Does anyone know what the best way/product is to get this screen clear again?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Has it got maybe a film on it that hasn’t been removed and there’s moisture in between?

It’s the outside. The glass doesn’t feel smooth when you touch it and it almost looks like sand or maybe sap from a tree and it’s baked to the glass. It’s that bad the wipers won’t clear water very well.

Yeah I was thinking that but it’s on all the f**king windows when I look! Front, back and side ones to a lesser extent.

Seems like the old guy who has it before me from new didn’t clean the car and probably left it filthy for long periods.

The paintwork needs claying badly. Wonder if a clay bar will work? Hmmmm.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
If it’s on all windows then there’s something on them no doubt. Clay bar isn’t a bad shout

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Has it been in a body shop lately? If so it may be overspray. I had it on my 182. I used a clay bar on the glass and it sorted it. On areas with really heavy contamination I used a new razor blade first. It did the trick and came up like a 16 year old window should

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Probably tree sap or overspray. Get yourself a clay bar. Piss easy to sort.

(On a side note, every car I buy myself I clay all the glass and clean it with Anglewax, it’s the best thing ever putting new wiper blades on and when it rains it’s orgasmic)

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Clay it and if that doesn’t work pop the window and take the £80 hit. A good whack where the rear view mirror mounts from the inside will give a lovely big crack 😇

If it’s on all windows then there’s something on them no doubt. Clay bar isn’t a bad shout

Has it been in a body shop lately? If so it may be overspray. I had it on my 182. I used a clay bar on the glass and it sorted it. On areas with really heavy contamination I used a new razor blade first. It did the trick and came up like a 16 year old window should

Probably tree sap or overspray. Get yourself a clay bar. Piss easy to sort.

(On a side note, every car I buy myself I clay all the glass and clean it with Anglewax, it’s the best thing ever putting new wiper blades on and when it rains it’s orgasmic)

Clay it and if that doesn’t work pop the window and take the £80 hit. A good whack where the rear view mirror mounts from the inside will give a lovely big crack 😇

So today I went upto Halfords and bought me a £6 clay bar. Snow foams the car and used the clay bar on all windows.

OMG they are like new and I can actually see out of them. Good work 😎

Clio 182 full fat
Evening y’all.

Just been out in the flange-wagon, and on the way home travelling west into the low sun, I couldn’t see anything. It was like looking through frosted glass. Never seen anything like it.

Had a closer look and there is a really heavy build up on the glass. I’ve tried polishing it with Autoglym glass polish and fast glass but to no avail, it won’t shift. You can feel the rough surface with your fingers.

Does anyone know what the best way/product is to get this screen clear again?
It may sound strange but try vinegar on the window put it in a spray bottle but make it neat we used to use it on seizes diesel engines the acidity in the vinegar works very slowly does,nt damage anything,so I would try that.