ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen washer motor

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Morning all....

How do i remove the washer bottle and motor etc from my Mk2 172? doesnt seem to want to spray water. pump fires up, but hardly any water is pushed through the pipe...

ive disconnected the pipe to the bonnet feed to check the actual jets arnet blocked.

cheers

Ian

02 172, 07 AstraVan
im having the same problem but no water coming out of mine pump is even firing up so i also need to know how to remove the pump. only help would be great sorry for hijacking your thread

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
no probs...

Ive been told that if you use washing up liquid as a screen wash the liquid congeals at the bottom of the bottle and clogs the tube. so this is why i need to remove it to check it out...

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's a common problem. You can replace the motor for about £15-20. If I remember rightly the pump slides into a gap in the reservoir and shouldn't be too much of a problem to remove. The reservoir itself is bolted on to the frame and I imagine it is pretty hard to get access to remove it.

If your pump is still working I'd try looking at your tubes and jets for blockages. For example, does your rear jet still work? If so you've probably got a blockage in the front tube. It's a process of elimination really.

Hope that's of some help to you both.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
cheers Ian...

Rear works a treat, disconnected the front pipe that goes to the bonnet jets and it eventually produces a drip.. a very slower drip. so im guessing one of the feeder pipes isnt "playing ball"... thanks pal.

02 172, 07 AstraVan
i checked all my pipes took it apart yesturday lol, rear wiper dont work motor dont make a noise so im guessing its foooked lol is there a guide on here how to change the motor ?

Ian

Focus TDCi
cheers Ian...

Rear works a treat, disconnected the front pipe that goes to the bonnet jets and it eventually produces a drip.. a very slower drip. so im guessing one of the feeder pipes isnt "playing ball"... thanks pal.

No probs pal, hope it's sorted now.

i checked all my pipes took it apart yesturday lol, rear wiper dont work motor dont make a noise so im guessing its foooked lol is there a guide on here how to change the motor ?

Not that I know of. It should just slide out though, either up or forward, I can't remember. It'll have an electrical connection that should unclip and a tube coming from the reservoir which I think will pull off. Then try ringing someone like Eurocarparts for a new one. Can check at weekend if you're still stuck.

Oh and if you haven't done this aleady you'll most probably need to take the scuttle panel off, which requires the removal of the wipers. I'll explain in more depth if you get stuck with that.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
i'll have a look at the weekend when i can catch abit of day light,...

Hate this time a year, go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.. feel like ive turned nocturnal!.....

02 172, 07 AstraVan
No probs pal, hope it's sorted now.

Not that I know of. It should just slide out though, either up or forward, I can't remember. It'll have an electrical connection that should unclip and a tube coming from the reservoir which I think will pull off. Then try ringing someone like Eurocarparts for a new one. Can check at weekend if you're still stuck.

Oh and if you haven't done this aleady you'll most probably need to take the scuttle panel off, which requires the removal of the wipers. I'll explain in more depth if you get stuck with that.

Thanks for that info. yeah i did noticed ill have to take wipers of job for sunday morning i think lol. cheers for the help

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Daft question i know, but both Mish and I attacked the washer arm on Sunday but couldnt remove the damn thing for love nor money,....

how do they come off?! took the top bolt off and pulled the arm but it wouldnt budge, WD40 came out, still nothing....is there an easier way to get them off without resulting in a big hammer coming into play?

clio sport 172
Hi mate I had the same problem a while back I
changed the pump and all was sorted. With regard
getting the wiper arms of you've got two options
you can buy a wiper arm puller. Or do what I did
which is take the nut of the base of the wiper arm
and where the arm pivots push down hard a few times
till if frees it's self. IE with your car as normal you can
lift your wipers off the screen where they pivot is where
to push down hard with the wiper arms as normal sitting
on your screen push towards the screen. I no I've made
a tit of explaining it but it does work..

clio sport 172
Forgot to say ya can get a pattern motor
from GSF for about £10..£30plus from the
stealers.

Last edited:
  FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
you're a star... cheers pal.

if i get stuck i'll supply petrol money and bacon butties.. :)