ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

winscreen replacement

hooray! after 3 weeks of chasing up the RAC to come and replace my cracked windscreen theyve finally arrived! Really boring post i know buy im well chuffed lol :D :D

Ph-Sold!

Im still waiting after 2 weeks to get a crack in mine done, pain in the backside, after all theyre getting paid for it arent they?! lol

Quote: Originally posted by mark266 on 08 June 2004

hooray! after 3 weeks of chasing up the RAC to come and replace my cracked windscreen theyve finally arrived! Really boring post i know buy im well chuffed lol :D :D
On insurance? Or paying yerself?

How much was it?

ive got a 4inch crack in my screen, and at the moment cant afford to replace it, and every now and then,it grows a little. b4 long its gonna go ping i know, but when moneys tight, u have to take care of things like mortgage,bills, food etc!

You should see mine then!! its really bad gone straight across the screen really need to get it sorted cos i have no screen at all at the moment! hehe

eeek, sounds like when i had me quattro years ago, was heading to me brothers in,leicester, up the a1, got to wansford and some prat going the other way kicked a rock up, it flew across the caetraql reservation and hit my screen,crack right across the screen! cost me £240 to get it replaced!:sick:

^^^ouch! Luckily the new windscreen cost me £50 through admiral insurance daz. I was thought he was going to hack through something when he was removing the old one cos they are bonded on so stongly :eek: Gave the dash a good clean while it was out tho! :D

Quote: Originally posted by powelly on 10 June 2004

Should only be about £100 tho without insurance shouldnt it?

Reallllly need to get this done!!

Vix
The AA do a 30% discount wuth Auto Windscreens if I remember or something.. which isnt bad.. if ya a member.

I was thinking about getting a new screen too!

mark 1 phase 3 cheers fella

dont wanna go through insurance company just wanna get it done asap i have the money just no one to do it!

i keep phoning around but get let down driving me mad now hehe!

Vix :)

Quote: Originally posted by april on 10 June 2004

My insurance is £50 excess I think and then they do the windscreen for you! :)
Yea, thats usually only on Fully Comp policies, tho.

mark 1 phase 3 cheers fella

dont wanna go through insurance company just wanna get it done asap i have the money just no one to do it!

i keep phoning around but get let down driving me mad now hehe!

lmao no probs :)

Yeah i am fully comp but i dont wanna go through insurance cos they take too bloody long on mine :(
How longs it been cracked Vix?? ;) hehe

Hehe, dunno then hun - why would the insurance take so long? Dont they have to do it within a certain time if youve got a cracked screen??

Yeah i am fully comp but i dont wanna go through insurance cos they take too bloody long on mine :(
You sure?

You aint using your car anyway.. heh, so you might aswell? Just ring them.. and then someone will come out - play the "I need my car and the windscreen is very very dangerous! Be quick!!!"

Hehe.

Cos tescos are crap!!

and im not insured for much longer im gonna change over so might just wait either that or get it done without insurance is probably easier

no shes nearly finished tho so will be in about 2 weeks dont think i really want that hey

worth waiting for better than driving around in a shed that isnt finished hehe!

I have had to have 2 windscreens replaced now and they cost me £50 each time on the insurance.

The 172 windscreen took a while to come in stock as it is heat reflective and all that gubbins !

with hic i just rang them and they gave me the number, called the rac and they come next tuesday and its £50.

shouldnt be a delay, i think without the insurance its like £170

OK Vix to give you a ruff idea i phoned RAC auto windscreens in tonbridge and theyll take £102.50 +VAT of your hard earned off you for a new one. Not too bad???

Yeah depending on bodyshop April :) wooohoooo! not long to go just a matter of sorting screen out and just had to order something else for my lights (an attachment thing??) then it can go to bodyshop and depending on how long they take car is back on the road :)

engine is waiting that will be a winter project me thinks

no thats good Mark i expected more than that :)

righty ho will keep that in mind cheers fella your a (y)

[Edited by powelly on 10 June 2004 at 12:27pm]

worth waiting for better than driving around in a shed that isnt finished hehe!
What about driving round in your shed when it is finished?

ive just had to fork out for a new windscreen and rear quarter and had to pay a lil over the odds due to urgency!!!

costs me 375 inc fitting for front windscreen with solar and moisture sensor and a new rear quarter!