ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winstonised Mk1 Golf

Ive taken the Scirocco off the road for restoration and I have bought a Mk1 Golf Driver. Im going to fit the Sciroccos carb turbo engine and running gear so it can be used as it should be, it will be more performace based, similar to my clios and 5s of the past.

This is what it looks like so far. please ignore the paint work. its very soild which is the main thing. ;)

7245440280_7f22277117_z.jpg

7245438158_723f2fc5dc_z.jpg

7245436162_ce6cdd1caa_z.jpg

7245447400_abb2e35905_z.jpg

It uses a 5GTT carb so its a draw through.. I think?

The wheels make the car looks wise. it looks so poo on my daily driver steels haha.

Cheers guys!

Will be blow through then.

Blow through is filter turbo carb

Draw through is filter carb turbo

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
As I've said, this is awesome. Exactly what my MK1 Driver should have been <3

Ive got Audi 256mm brakes to fit that bolt straight on to mk1 hubs from my Scirocco but I will keep you in mind as im sure my mate needs some. cheers!

Jason your Driver was dope <3

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Will be blow through then.

Blow through is filter turbo carb

Draw through is filter carb turbo

Ren 5 gordini ran draw through... Gtt was blow through... Dunno which setup Winston is using though

Don't realise gordini was draw through. Considering building either a draw through setup or using a gtt carb for a blow through.

Back on topic what pcd and offset ate the wheels? And where can I get some?

Disastra Coupe
Looks really nice, that. I'm a fan of mk1's anyway but that looks proper smart with the wheel/tyre setup :)

Can't help but love the Mad'ins. You should do an MX5 or an AE86 on some.

Ive tryed them on mates mates MX5 they sat very well. I would love a AE86 <3

Ren 5 gordini ran draw through... Gtt was blow through... Dunno which setup Winston is using though

Its a GTT set up so blow through :)

Don't realise gordini was draw through. Considering building either a draw through setup or using a gtt carb for a blow through.

Back on topic what pcd and offset ate the wheels? And where can I get some?

4x100 ET25ish. The down side is they are 8x13 front and 10x13 rear so you need two pairs of fronts ideally. To find them you just have to trawl motorsport classifieds till you find a set. They do come up in different PCD's and skinner widths from a Formula Fords

That looks epic. How harsh is the ride lol?

Harsh!!! haha. my AVO's are set to there hardest dampening and it still rubs :quiet:

Cheers for the all comments guys :approve:

Rb 182
Seeing yours makes me want to keep my mk2 and finish it with some proper wheels. Decisions decisions. I may need to speak to you re a exhaust part if I decide to keep a hold of it.

e92 330i
Love a mk1 and thats looks great. Where did you get that set of wheels from? Just we sold a set just like that few months back.

Seeing yours makes me want to keep my mk2 and finish it with some proper wheels. Decisions decisions. I may need to speak to you re a exhaust part if I decide to keep a hold of it.

Keep it!!!! <3

Love a mk1 and thats looks great. Where did you get that set of wheels from? Just we sold a set just like that few months back.

Cheers man.. I bought 4x8J and 2x10J from a guy in London from an advert on pistonheads

That looks flipping awesome. Amazing what the right wheels can do.

This is so true, you would not believe how sheddy it looks on the daily Mk2 Golf Gti steels.. cheers :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love it on the Renault splits mate. Looks hard as! Please keep the mismatched paint too <3

Im saving the Mad'in splits for best, the tyres wear out far to fast to waste doing daily dutties!;) It was on Mk2 GTi steel wheels but looked like a bucket so some daily wheels were needed.

Please keep the mismatched paint too <3

It will be staying like that until I can be bothered to roller it.

Winston you should buy my mk2.

you really should.

Dave you should keep your Mk2, you really should!!! ;)

Not from an irish guy in watford by any chance?

I bought it from a youngish lad in Peterbrough

Cheers guys:approve: