ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper relay problem

Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
Hi
Any electrical minded people out there help me please??
Basically my 172 Cup's wipers do not come on when I use the stalk in intermitant, slow or fast position. If I pull the stalk the washers fire and the wipers do their 2 stokes then. But no more than that.
I've checked the fuse and tried a replacement stalk, both are fine.
when it does work with the washers the relay clicks under the dash. There is no click when I try them in normal mode. i can't understand why they'll work with the washers but not on their own..

Also when I tried to track down the relay i found there is not a normal relay for this. It appears to be controlled in a brain/computer under the dash..
Any ideas as the only thing I can come up with is to replace the computer... and I'm sure thats not cheap!
Thanks
Gareth

Clio 172
i had a similar problem before, which involved a uch computer replacement. Although without eliminating other things such as stork it would require proper diagnosis!