ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wire trouble

hi i own a mark 1 clio RT and am puttin in sum 6x9 in the back and am goin to use the existing rear speaker wires but have no idea which colours r positive n which are negavtive ne chance of neone else knowing??????

if your lucky the old speakers will prob have a + or a _ somewhere, and u can work it out from there.
but if your putting 6x9s in, i sugges you fit some new wire. its not hard, and its defo worth it.

Not true. Speakers will make a noise if wired either way but it wont be how it should.

When they get a bass note the cone should kick forward (sending the sound forward), if wired the wrong way, the cone will kick backwards and youll still here it but the sound will be wrong.

Also, if you get one wired correctly and one wrong, the speakers will cancel each other out massively and youll lose bass.

Sorry.

The best way to check, is this.

Mark which colour wire is on which terminal of the originals. When you take the originals out, connect an AA battery to the terminals. When the + of the battery goes to the + of the speaker, the cone will push forwards. As you know which speaker wire was on which terminal, you can now work it out.

Hope that makes sense.

but sound is created by speaker cones moving in both directions not just one. besides if u bridge an amp how do u know which is plus and which is minus as u use both plus and it still sounds no different.

simple connect the wire to the speakers turn the music up a tad and feel which way the cone is movin it should push out if it pulls in swap the wires over cos if they do they will b out of phase

LOL of course they dont, u people believe everything they write on the boxes... damn! a speaker is simply a cone that moves in and out moving the air around it creating vibrations to create sound. e.g. for one note of sound the speaker would move in both directions once.
even if they were out of phase with eachother at origin by the time the sound waves are thrown around ya car and into ya ears itd make no difference whats so ever. ya ears pick up the entire vibration ... hence one movement in and out... so it wouldnt matter.
simple ish.

if your gonna wire 6"9s to an awp you can run them in stereo e.g ch 1 - to 6"9 - and + to 6"9 + and the same for the other 6"9 or in series from the + on ch 1 of the amp to the + on the 1st 6"9 from the - of the 1st 6"9 to the + of the 2nd 6"9 from the - of the 2nd 6"9 to the - of ch 2 on the amp. End of lesson

Be nice if it were that simple mate.

Stick two speakers facing each other, correctly wired up and play some music. Now reverse the connections on one of them. Sh1t - wheres the sound gone? Theyre out of phase - screwed up sound.

on the back of the speaker you will find to small metal connectors the bigger 1 of the 2 is the + and the smaller 1 of the 2 is the - you guys should go to your nearest halfords store and have a look at the new max power ice manual theirs some well good tips to sortin out your install

my system sounds excellent quality deep bass and crisp mid and high range.
and even people ive met of cliosport at meetings say it sounds excellent too. and i can gaurantee i wire them round no particular way at all.

Just to support to this case:

You do have to wire positive and negative the right way round otherwise you speakers will be out of phase and the sound will be crap.

This is the same with all speakers whether in a car, at home or at a concert.

BenJ you must have been very lucky and got both sides the same way round! I know for a fact that you have to get both sides the right way round or it wont sound right. I had accidentally wired up one side of my rear speakers the wrong way round and it sounded ok. But when I dicovered it was the wrong way round, wired it correctly and the difference was very noticeable.