ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Advice

R26
Just upgraded (if you can call it that) to Vista and my old wireless adpater isn't supported so am going to buy a new one tonight.

The choices are between an internal one and a external one I can move about a bit. The antenna for the internal will end up sitting behind my case (and therfore desk) with a chest of drawers and radiator not too far away.

What I want to know is as USB slots are getting scarce on my pc, will the internal one get any signal behind my desk?

Cheers

-Jas.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
just be careful which adapter you buy, I'm still debating on which one to get for Vista 64 Bit, there aren't many that work!

Clio 172 Ph1
just be careful which adapter you buy, I'm still debating on which one to get for Vista 64 Bit, there aren't many that work!

The majority of the big names - the Linksys', Belkins and Netgears of this world, whilst not neccessarily officially supported all seem to have resolutions posted on their respective forums so options are too limited.

R26
Stockbroker: I've got an old Beklin USB one at the moment but it's not on the official MS list and at the moment Vista thinks it's a USB modem so won't let me add a WEP key to hit my router...

Gareth: I've checked out the official MS lists and I'm going to either get a Linksys or another Belkin - just one that's newer tbh!

-Jas.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just look for a new driver for you old wireless adapter?

Clio 172 Ph1
Stockbroker: I've got an old Beklin USB one at the moment but it's not on the official MS list and at the moment Vista thinks it's a USB modem so won't let me add a WEP key to hit my router....

Do you know what model?

If its years old, then probably worth the £50 or so it will cost to buy a new adapter. Nonetheless, let me know the model number and i'll see if I can dig an answer out.

R26
Do you know what model?

If its years old, then probably worth the £50 or so it will cost to buy a new adapter. Nonetheless, let me know the model number and i'll see if I can dig an answer out.

It's a Belkin F5D6050 - my house mate got it years ago...

I bought a USB Linksys last night - plug and play wireless goodness :)

Cheers for the help though!

-Jas.