ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Headphones - Interference

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Hello all,
Hope someone might be able to help me out, I've gotten myself a nice pair of wireless over the head headphones recently and they are brilliant.
However, I use them most often whilst working from home and sat at my PC. Problem being, when using them connected to my phone via Bluetooth, I seem to just get loads of interference such as static, audio drops, crackling etc.
The headphones can also be used with a standard AUX cable too and I've resorted to using this however I've noticed that the audio quality is actually far better when using wirelessly (no issues when using a cable though in terms of interference). Frustrating, as I obviously want the better quality, I can't really use them properly without the wire due to the interference.

I have looked online and there are a couple of pages stating that things such as Wi-Fi and other electronic devices in close proximity can cause a negative effect on the quality of the signal.

Anyone had any similar experiences and can recommend a solution?

Thanks,
Steve

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Which ones are they? And which phone?

I have Bose 700's and they're terrible when connected to my PC -- I get crackling, and interference. But interestingly junking the built in bluetooth module and getting a USB dongle seems to have improved things. So I assume the motherboards built in bluetooth adaptor isn't much cop.

Have you got anything nearby that emits a lot of radio traffic?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Huawei P20 Pro, and the headphones are Lindy BNX-60s.

Have you got anything nearby that emits a lot of radio traffic?

Yep, I'm sat on a desk with two laptops, a router about 3 metres away, and the Mrs has her phone connected to her smart watch. Also read microwaves emit similar waves? If so, it's right behind me. I guess it's probably not an ideal situation to be in to try and listen via Bluetooth?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
There's plenty of devices out there flooding the 2.4GHz frequency. Bluetooth should be able to cope with environmental traffic as it hops between frequencies many many times a second. Your microwave will only (or should only) interfere when it's heating something.

You could try hard wiring with cat5 cable the two laptops, disabling their wifi and see if that improves things. It's really about removing possible sources of interference 1 by 1 to narrow it down.

That, and keep the firmware of the phone and headphones up to date.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mine go funny when I put it down on the treadmill, if i’m trying to watch Netflix etc