ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Internet Help

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Evening people, i am haveing a problem with a Wifi connection that i am using, it basically is not letting me access certain website, e.g. hotmail, paypal, sxoc, HSBC, when these are entered into the adress bar a blank page is loaded up.
This happens in internet explorer aswell as firefox
I can access these websites when connecting to the net using my mobile phone as a modem

Any ideas on what this could be, help/suggestions much appreciated as i dont know how much vodafone are going to charge me for data usage on my phone

Thanks
Nas

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Are you using a proxxy server? If so check the settings to make sure all websites are unblocked.

Nas

Eunos Roadster
thanks for the reply's, i am using my neighbours unsecured network (with his permission), the connection is called DLINK_Wireless

Download spybot, update it and run it on your pc.

Is it only those sites you can't access? Can you access other secure sites?

eg. another financial institution.

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Thanks for replies, i cant access any secure websites, the above mentioned are just a few that i would normally visit, i didnt think sxoc.com would be a secured site??

I'm gonna try spybot now, is it freeware, cos i recently spent £60 on norton internet security

Thanks for replies, i cant access any secure websites, the above mentioned are just a few that i would normally visit, i didnt think sxoc.com would be a secured site??

I'm gonna try spybot now, is it freeware, cos i recently spent £60 on norton internet security

Uninstall Norton, and throw it in the bin. THis is probably whats causing your problem.

Use AVG Free, and use the windows firewall that came with SP2.