ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wireless media streamers....talk to me

Jagggg...missing the 182!
after a wireless media streamer, dont know alot about them, what i want is to be able to play videos off pc/laptop to tv. either through sky box or tv, old school tv so would need a scart connection, but id like hdmi for near future upgrade,

what should i look for on features? or reccomend a good purchase?

cheers

I've never tried using my x360 for streaming. Does it only use WMP, as that doesn't transcode mkv and the like. I also find my x360 too noisy for such duties.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
I've never tried using my x360 for streaming. Does it only use WMP, as that doesn't transcode mkv and the like. I also find my x360 too noisy for such duties.
wmc on 360 does do mkv with full dd 5.1 audio etc now and you can play xvid etc via the dash without the need for wmc

what file formats do ps3s and xbox360s accept then?

I can't speak for the x360 beyond the post above, which sounds good. The PS3 itself does not support mkv holders. PS3 Media Server transcodes on the fly, though. Essentially meaning it can play anything from an avi to a 1080p x264 with digital surround.

The only downside is that to stream 1080p, you have to hook up an ethernet lead.

182FF with cup packs
wmc on 360 does do mkv with full dd 5.1 audio etc now and you can play xvid etc via the dash without the need for wmc

Damn I didn't realise that, or that WMC comes built into Windows 7. I think I might be uninstalling TVersity tonight :approve: