ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless printing

Quick question...

How do I set this up as cheaply as possible? I know bluetooth is an option, but wondered if there was anything else and preferably simpler.

My g/f's mother has a laptop that she may wish to print things from and a wired printer. It appears to me that bluetooth is the only reasonable option?

Thanks in advance.

Meant to say, the laptop has an internal wireless net card and she will be using a "sky" version of a wireless router to connect to the maweb.

cock mobile.
Does the printer have a network port?
If so you could simply plug it into the wireless router (assuming you have spare network ports)

Does the router have a USB port for a printer (some do)?
Again plug it in.

Failing that you can get a printer server adapter (or whatever they are called) that turn a USB printer into a network printer.

I'll have a look tonight, it didn't dawn on me to connect the wireless router directly to the printer. It's possible that it has one.

cock mobile.
I'll have a look tonight, it didn't dawn on me to connect the wireless router directly to the printer. It's possible that it has one.

Possible.

I doubt the freebie Sky router has a USB port :S

And a network port on a printer isn't likely if it's a cheap one, but you never know!

Sky router doesnt have usb port for printing. Best option is to get the print server adapter thing.

Or if you have a printer which can do bluetooth then that works well.