ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Router Advice

Nike Lunar Elite's
I'm looking to purchase a wireless router and am looking for recommendations.

I want to connect my PC and X360 via a network cable (rather than wireless), then connect via wireless to my Nintendo DS and laptop.

Want something that is reliable without costing a fortune.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I have a Linksys Wag54g, which allows 4 LAN cable connections, and 99 wireless device, IIRC.

I had to fiddle around with it to get it working, but it is all good.

I know that the Belkin things from PC World are a bit more user-friendly though, IME.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i have used a few routers at the mo i have a vigor 2700g very very good router but expencive! the next best thing to them is a zyxel perestige 660w / hw im rather impressed by them and cheep to!!!! :D have a look around wouldnt recomed going to pc world nless u know exactly what u need because they will try sell you some random crap that does every thing except what u actually wanted it to do!

;) good luck

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
had a netgear for about 3 year, switched on solid 24/7 with not a single prob. been spot on, very happy with it, even thought people said they weret that good

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
For vfm ... netgear.

For features ... Draytek Vigor 2800G

For stability ... Zyxel prestige.

A red missile
darren_rallye said:
I have a Linksys Wag54g, which allows 4 LAN cable connections, and 99 wireless device, IIRC.

I had to fiddle around with it to get it working, but it is all good.

I know that the Belkin things from PC World are a bit more user-friendly though, IME.

Thats the one i've got, 100% rock solid from the day i bought it, and the firewall is so robust that even though i still have zone alarm on the machines connected to it to quell my paranoia its never had to deal with a single intrusion.

I used to have a netgear cheapy but that died after a month, sent it back got another one, died the same, in the end i gripped it firmly with both hands and smashed it on the desk till it broke in two :approve:

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
ive got a belkin router modem, does what it says on the tin. itll be up for sale sometime next week. Getting a router with my orange connection so just going to use that.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
rmccardal said:
For vfm ... netgear.

For features ... Draytek Vigor 2800G

For stability ... Zyxel prestige.

just happen to notice i put 2700g i ment the 2800g ;)

as for netgear being vaule for money if u want that go for a dlink! cheep and cheer full i had one for a short time....