ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Routers, Good Option?

1.6 Ford Focus
Righty, my old Belkin 54g is driving me insane, so the point where its going out the window as soon as I get a new one and I am rather tempted to drive the car over it... Expect videos.

I have been looking around online reviews and came across this...

NetgearWirelessRouter.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Netgear-WNDR3...K_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item5addd1bca9

It looks awesome and more importantly it has a pretty good spec, it's only around £50 as well.

Does anyone have one of these? Are they any good or is there something I am better off with instead? It's mostly to be used for general web browsing, streaming videos and music to the PS3 and online gaming.

Ph1 172
ihave this router, hasn't let me down once, what OS are you running? if win7 its just plug and play

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Belkin have got to be one of if not the worst when it comes to Wireless tech. Netgear are great, have several of there units and they are flawless, if your gaming/streaming it might be a better option to go with ethernet over power adapters though.

1.6 Ford Focus
Belkin have got to be one of if not the worst when it comes to Wireless tech. Netgear are great, have several of there units and they are flawless, if your gaming/streaming it might be a better option to go with ethernet over power adapters though.

I think I will go for the Netgear one.

I have the PS3 connected to the Belkin unit via cable ethernet but the damn Belkin router keeps crashing every 10 mins on wireless or wired.

Ph1 172
I think I will go for the Netgear one.

I have the PS3 connected to the Belkin unit via cable ethernet but the damn Belkin router keeps crashing every 10 mins on wireless or wired.

forgot to add, the ps3 doesn't have any issues working with this router via wifi.

Ph1 172
I'm using it with my virgin wired router, pc is running win7. like I said haven't had one single problem. even the router manager software is easy to use, so setting up a new password etc is a piece of pissed.

Cupra
I tried loads as I had problems with Wireless in my house due to it being reinforced concrete. Linksys (WRT610N) came out on top in the end.

1.6 Ford Focus
I'm using it with my virgin wired router, pc is running win7. like I said haven't had one single problem. even the router manager software is easy to use, so setting up a new password etc is a piece of pissed.

I would just go back to wired but I can count 8 different devices off the top of my head that use wireless.