ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wires under MKII 172 seat - HELP........

What are the wires for that are found underneath the front seats on a MKII 172 ? They are towards the front of the seat and if you sit on the seat and reach underneath you can touch them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dai

Renault Laguna Coupe

Wiring for CD changer (passenger side, even if its not fitted) or seatbelt pretensioners. Why did Kobe eat them?

[Edited by telford_mike on 03 October 2004 at 6:15pm]

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 October 2004

Wiring for CD changer (passenger side, even if its not fitted) or seatbelt pretensioners. Why did Kobe eat them?

[Edited by telford_mike on 03 October 2004 at 6:15pm]
YES !

:cry:

I dont think it is for the CD changer as they are on both the driver and passenger seats. I am thinking the side airbags ?

Lee

BMW M2C

Arent they for the seat belt pre tensioner (sp) things and the warning to tell you that you dont have the belt in?

Theres not autochanger cable unless the changer was fitted at the factory, so thats only one side or not at all.

He has chewed thru these wires and I really need to know what they are. I will go and take a photo now.

I am sure they can be fixed but I need to make sure what they are first.

The question I have is, what if they are for the SPs, what does these mean if they are damaged ?

Lee

BMW M2C

If I was you Dai, Id get that looked at before driving it any further. I know Id be scared to death of the airbag going off.

FFS ! Can anything else go wrong at the moment !?!?!?!?!?! I am going to kill that f**king dog !

The airbag light is on but it was on before I went away for the weekend which is when Kobe was in the car. It has been on since my spin at Spa. I was going to get Renault to sort it out when they get my seat skin in so they can do it all at the same time but I think I better book it in sooner ?

H22A7 Accord Type R

just disconnect the battery for a while then get the soldering iron n insulation tape out lol ;)

and dont repair them yourself the cables are a set resistance thats how the system checks itself and brings the light up too little or too much resistance and youll have issues of one type or another, take it to renault Dai.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 03 October 2004

and dont repair them yourself the cables are a set resistance thats how the system checks itself and brings the light up too little or too much resistance and youll have issues of one type or another, take it to renault Dai.
Rent boy homo ^^^ is correct, its one bit of wireing on a car I wouldnt mess about with.

Ummmmmmmmmm.............. my dad has soldered the wires back together now. All we have done is repair the connections to the wires that were broken.

Can Renault still test them now ?

they should be able to i expect they have a tolerance for the level or resistance in the circuit so should be able to put a meter on it and see, but i would expect them to suggest that the cables be replaced, after all its not something that you want a "itll do" attitude to plus in terms of liability it will land firmly on their doorstep if there is an accident and someone is injured as a result of the airbags not triggering or a false trigger whilst driving

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 03 October 2004

Theyd probably need to plug in diagnostics laptop to see if there are any errors on the system.
That is what I was thinking they could do. They are in better shape than they were an hour ago as I didnt want to risk shorting the wires.

The car has to go into Renault soon anyway for several other problems so I will tell them I got them fixed by an electrician and ask them to check to make sure they are still working as they should.

The airbag light is on but that was on before this happened anyway. A knock on effect from my spin at Spa I think. Of course I am not going to tell Renault that tho !

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 03 October 2004

they should be able to i expect they have a tolerance for the level or resistance in the circuit so should be able to put a meter on it and see, but i would expect them to suggest that the cables be replaced, after all its not something that you want a "itll do" attitude to plus in terms of liability it will land firmly on their doorstep if there is an accident and someone is injured as a result of the airbags not triggering or a false trigger whilst driving
I agree it is definitely not something I want to say "thatll do" and that is that.

How much do you think Renault would charge to get this done ?

2.0 175dci rs meggy

if its the pretensioner wiring you can get the loom sep - but if its the side air bag loom it comes with the airbag!!

They look like the pyrotechnic pretensioners for the front buckles. The SRS module has to be disarmed ONLY using the diagnostic system by Renault this will prevent the pretensioners going off. Otherwise the air bag etc could go off.

So, has anybody got any clue as to which wires have been damaged according to the photos ? The pretensioner or airbag ?

Quote: Originally posted by JAMESSRICH on 03 October 2004

if its the pretensioner wiring you can get the loom sep - but if its the side air bag loom it comes with the airbag!!
Expensive!

Bet you love your dog Daipac?;)

2.0 175dci rs meggy

the amount of cars that come into our work with dog damage to wiring is amazing - looking at the wiring the grey connector is for pret and the black one is for side airbag as it has a black wire also in the connector which is used to earth the air bag casing

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 03 October 2004

The dog is dead ! I killed him !

I better get the car to Renault is what everyone seems to be saying ?
Yes ......they are the EXPERTS.

Do you want the RSPCA to know about the dog? ;)

2.0 175dci rs meggy

light will be on due to open circuit as soon as wires are connected light should go of within 5 secs - but airbag computer will still store fault

Yeah, the SERV and AIRBAG light goes off after around 5 secs as normal. Strange tho as the light was on before I thought this happened on Friday.

I will take it to Renault anyway and they can plug it in and check if everything is ok.