ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring aftermarket xenons to standards...

Stealth 438'd 182
I've had loads of issues with ballasts going pop..

on my 3rd one now and its getting expensive..

sealed ballasts off ebay like the ones i have in my main beam £30 and ive had the same kit for about 4 years no drama!

the problem is i'm a bit OCD when it comes to washing the thing and the headlights although resealed seem to slowly attract water past the seals on the units..

does anybody have a guide or can instruct me if this is possible and how to do it?

thanks in advance :D

Could've be cheaper to by standard xenons if you knew such problems would happen,

plus I hate being blinded by aftermarket xenons very much so.

just sayin..

Other than that try sealant around the headlight cover but that would only be temporary

Stealth 438'd 182
read it again :p

sorry I should of said i have standard 182 xenon headlights... i want to fit aftermarket ballasts into these

xenons keep blowing cause the seal on the bottom is cack (common fault).. i want to fit an aftermarket ballast into the standard xenon projector unit..

Stealth 438'd 182
could a mod please change the title to [h=2]wiring aftermarket ballasts to standard xenons??[/h]

Audi TT 3.2
it is possible as i did it to my old 182 cup when i fitted 182 ff lights to it, as i had pov spec lights in my cup and wanted projector headlights with hids.

i got an aftermarket hid kit from ebay, d2s bulb fitment, and worked out which wire the mainbeam came through and cut that and connected it to the wire from the hid kit, worked a treat never had any problems with it and that was 2 and a half years ago, as for as i know its still fine now.

Stealth 438'd 182
unfortunately not pal i bit the bullet and bought whole new units from the stealership =/