ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring slimline fan

Clio 182 cup
i wired my slimline fan at the week end i think i've done it correctly,

there are two plugs that go into the standard fan unit, one with 2 wires which plugs into the back of the fan and one with 3 wires which plugs higher up the fan unit.

i assume i have to cut the plug with two wires and connect to the smaller fan with spade connectors ?

but what do i do with the plug which has 3 wires ? surely it must do something ?

any and all help would be good as i'm worried my fan wont come on when in traffic

Cheers

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the other plug is for the resistor pack that a cup doesn't have (for 2 speed fan). Don't worry about it

Clio 182 cup
cheers dan so what i have done "should" be correct i connected the black to black and the other two were red and blue so assumed they would go together and keep the the two blacks together ?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
just try the connections. Polarity will effect if the fan sucks of blows, so test it. If it's wrong, switch the wires

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
hang on....leave the 3 pin plug alone, just leave it not attached. The 2 pin plug is all you need to worry about

Clio 182 cup
ok will have to wait for it to come on and see if its sucking or blowing. bit of noob question but i assume it has to suck ?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
air has to travel through the rad in the normal directions it would if you were driving