ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring Sony CD player to standard radio, HELP!

clio1.216Vsport
Hello,
First post on here since getting my first new car! Clio of course!
Right here’s the problem the wiring harness that I’ve got for my Sony cd player doesn’t have the same amount of wires and colours as the standard one, the car is a Clio Campus 1.2l 16V Sport 06’plate.
I know this much as regards to wire colours and functions (if it’s right that is lol)
Red: Constant Power
Yellow: Ignition switch power
Black: Earth/Chassis
The Clio wires have 3 clips - black, white and yellow.
Black clip has the 3 wires as above and 3 others that a don’t know what they are for?
White clip has 4 wires which I think are the speakers, the car has 4 speakers one in the door and one on the dash board as standard.
Yellow clip is for the steering wheel controls. Don’t care about them, to much mucking about with the dash etc.
The red, yellow & black wires connect to same wires on the Sony harness, is that correct?
Then how do a connect the speakers, the Sony harness has 8 wires for + & - allowing for 4 speakers the Clio only has 4 wires for + & - allowing 2 speakers are the small speakers on the dash connected to the bigger ones in the door?
Can anyone tell me what to connect to what?
Would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Mark

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
The front speakers are components and are connected to the same wires into the ISO connector. There should be 4 wires for the front speakers and 4 for the back (If you have them fitted).

You can get an adapter which just plugs straight between the after market HU and the car ISO plugs... About £10 from Halfrauds...

Polo + Micra
sounds like you only got front speakers in your car

FL + & - FR + & - is the four wires you have got