ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring

307 hdi (powered by derv)

i no this has been asked many times but where do you get the power cable for amp from the engine bay to the inside of car also is it easy to lay the cable to the bck?.

ive just my 2002 dynamique + and under the glove compartment there is a big rubber gromit/plug which comes out. after that lift up the rubber door seal and run it down there, once you get to the seats you feed it through the plastic bits and out it pops under the seats (on a 3 door this is).. all took about 3 hours, including putting the head in and running the rcas and remote down the opposite side

big rubber grommet in the footwell can accept anything up to 2ga cabling

to install and amp through a clio mk3 should take 45minutes at most

if you want to do it properly though, i would suggest removing the seats and laying the cables under them

and remember power cable and remote down the passenger side, speaker cable down the centre (if you are installing an amp for the front speakers) and rcas down the drivers side

or do what i did and throw the amp for the front speakers under the passenger seat in its own little ventilated fan assisted Carpet Covered MDF box :D

problem i had was gettin a good ground. in the end i put it under one of the nuts holdin the rear lights on!!

i was plannin to move it, but it hasnt given me any problems.

yet

i got the factory head unit aswell, its actually pretty good, no pre-outs though. I used converters from the speaker outputs to contert it into rca, which then goes to the amp. It works ok, think it could be better quality, i may be able to resolve it with some sort of crossover or line driver.

how are you setting yours up?

ive found a very reliable earth in the new model clio to be between the split fold of the rear seats, if you fuld them down you will see a 13/17mm bolt (cant remember which because im a bit drunk) take this off, fit the earth and then reconnect, perfect connection and no way of dislodging the wire

Cheers bambam, that sound like alot better connection than what i have presently. Ill have a look tommoro.:)