ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wobbly wheel.

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
I have had a bit of dodgy steering recently and took the car to a garage and had the tracking sorted. that didnt work. took the car for new tyres today and when the lad jacked the car up the driver front wheel was wobbling about quite badly. he reckons track rod end. can anyone back his opinion up and would a dodgy track rod end cause that kind of play in the wheel?

Any help appreciated before this cost me a fortune for diags at renault.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
First of all I'd suggest not driving.

Take it to a garage and ask them what's wrong. Don't need to go to renault for this

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sounds more like a wheel bearings gone,

my mates mini did this, litterally wobbled

Nissan 350z
Track rod end would cause play in the steering and less control. Things like the car tramlining and changing direction so you have to constantly compensate with the steering wheel. Mine had a sheered bolt which caused the same.

Wheel wobble however id say could be bearing related but you normally hear a whining noise when its on its way out.

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
Wheel bearing or wheel nuts loose.
hit the nail right on the head there with the problems im having. Tramlining, loss of control etc!!!

took it to an MOT centre today and he checked and he is sure its the track rod end. having it fixed tomorrow at £45. (actual price will probably double!!!)

thought the same about the bearing but not getting any whining or droning noises.

will update and let you all know...

I have the same problem only it only happens when i get to 70mph.

Just had tracking done and 2 front tires. Wheel bearing is away on the passenger side rear wheel but would this cause the steering wheel to wobble? Renault said the CV Joint was leaking when i put the car in for its bonnett catch but i havent had the time or money to fix it. Should i get it done asap?

Ph2 172
How was it wobbling..when driving? Jack the wheel off the ground, grab the tyre & rock the wheel from top to bottom, an side to side. where can you feel play/movement?

Lots of Alfas
Bearing or track rod end must be very worn for the wheel to wobble.

Have you hit anything in the road recently, wobbling wheels is normally caused by buckled wheels/damaged tyres.

Well i know the passenger side rear wheel bearing is away, i had this checked at the garage when i got 2 new front tires. But when your driving and hit 70mph, the steering wheel shakes like f**k.
I did hit one massive pothole about 3 weeks ago that sent my tracking out so i got the tracking done with the tires which cured by pulling to the left at slow speeds but it continues to pull to the left and shakes at high speed, i.e. 70mph