ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woohoo I'm back in a Renaultsport!

Clio 172 Ph1
I sold my last ph1 172 a good few years ago and had a fair few motors since then from big capacity petrol's to boring diesels! I then sold my last car with intent on going back to racing and picked up a cheap run about! The cheap run about ended up being a ph1 172 that I had known for a few years. It was actually the car that made me get my original one!:p Now the car is very well looked after, but it has seen a lot of track, and has galactic mileage on it with 150k showing on the clock. But it is driving as tight as a nun's crack, even the garage who did the belts remarked on how well the car is driving and the tightness of it!

So being back in a fun hot-hatch is great, however I'm already shedding out cash on bits I don't need like a new steering wheel and sticky rubber, even though I bought the car with new tyres! The car has always been very well looked after, but it did need some lovin! First off needed all the belts, tensioners, dephaser and few other bits done! So my cheap run about is not exactly as cheap as was hoped! But I knew the problems so was grand.

So far its gotten:
Dephaser
Water pump
Cam belt kit
AUX Belt kit
Drive boots
New high grade gearbox oil
Suede racing wheel & boss kit
Toyo R888 tyres
Shortshifter

................................. I only have the car a week!:eek:

Now this is my daily driver but will get a lot of track action, but the plan is:

Strip the interior so only the bare minimum is left (dash, leccy windows, stereo & seats of course)
Remap
Adjustable dampers
Cupra lip
Roll cage

Looking forward to it, well until something goes wrong, and it being a renault..........something will! Generally small things I know, but they seem to all come at once! :D