ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Work Quote

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Hiya, Anyone here work for a bodyshop??

I'm after a quote for fitting a Valver bonnet bulge and vent to my Mk2 Clio (as per the pic below) I'll supply the valver bonnet for you to take the vent and bulge from. I want the vent to be cut in and usable and for the raincatcher to be fitted.

Anyone able to give me a quote???

ClioVent.jpg

and my car below

DSC00094.jpg

Cheers

Chocolate Bar™
i am not a fan at all. you'd need to take it to the bodyshop for them to have a look at the curves as it would completely depend on how much prepping is involved.

Punto/Clio GTT
am them bonnets alluminium? as dont think itll be possible to weld steel to ally?

as for the vent, dont do it, save your money, buy some wheels or something as it'll look ridiculous. the rectangular vent is awesome as it matches the aggressive boxy look of the mk 1 clio, the mk 2 just cant pull it off at all with bubble head lights. if you desperatly wanna put a vent in use something that will match the lines of the car

1.8 8v RSi
I couldn't give you a quote but my oppinion is that you should do it....but....dont put it in the center..put it off center along the fold in the bonnet. but if your gonna do it make sure its got a use(re-locate induction kit?).
deppends how big your budget is i guess... not everyone will approve of it but.....as many people have started saying on here.....you're car and if your happy with it then so be it. i personally am looking forward to seeing how this turns out..

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
From teh details its clear that the car is a 1.4 16v, this means that if the vent was centered it would be directly above the current airbox. Fashion a new airbox and it would use the vent.

Can you not buy fibreglass bulges that "stick" on the current bonnet?

I'm sure over the years I've seen them.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Hi Mate, you can buy the stick on ones, but they look cack and do not have the vent.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Ren...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A bit like the above.

Quite interested in this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BONNET-VENT-S...3QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43118QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a shame the KTEC carbon bonnets for the mk2 ph 1 are pants (IMO) I hate that massive vent they have in it and the plain one is ......Plain!

My plan was to have it as a working vent to get more air into my induction kit. i think I might just put a CAF into the front bumper with a red or silver trumpet.

I've had one quote so far for approx £490. I would still need to get the bonnet on top which will be £90. (£60 petrol to pic it up!)

Not too sure if it's worth it.

My alternative is to get it lowered 60mm, a front upper strut brace and a new CD player with Bluetooth streaming.

Last edited:
  FTO GPX 2.0 V6
am them bonnets alluminium? as dont think itll be possible to weld steel to ally?

as for the vent, dont do it, save your money, buy some wheels or something as it'll look ridiculous. the rectangular vent is awesome as it matches the aggressive boxy look of the mk 1 clio, the mk 2 just cant pull it off at all with bubble head lights. if you desperatly wanna put a vent in use something that will match the lines of the car

What about the ren 19 16v vent?

Someone also suggested a Pug 206 vent although not too keen. I've been tempted with the Astra GSi vents in the past too. I wish I could make up my mind and that it wasn't so expensive