ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Works Washed

Tangoed Works
As it was such a nice day, I thought I would give the mini a once over. I spent about 2 hours on the wheels as they had loads of etched in brake dust. Had to clay away for ages and then used auto glym srp, then egp cured for one hour then a layer of collinites 476.

Im not too happy with the finish of the paintwork and it is having a full correctional detail next weekend professionally. Should look the shizzle then and hopefully create an incredible depth to the shine!!

Also looking to get rid of the wheels soon and in true cliosport stylee and go with 17" turinis in anthracite (or amphasite for those who think its spelt that way lol). They are supposed to weigh 8kg each for a 7x17 opossed to 11kg each for what I have at the moment. The ap 4 pots I wanted couldnt go under these rims without 20mm spacers due to the spoke design and it would have looked even more pants than they do now.

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

120d M-Sport
That looks the dogs mate :D

The new alloys will look great! Keep the current ones and do them black with a chrome lip ;) Switch between the two sets whenever FTW :approve:

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Looks good..!

Were you in Reading friday evening about 8 in the eve?? If not, you have a double... complete with number plate on the dash. ;)

VaVa
Love everything except the blue driving lights or whatever they are. They scream Halfords Chav to me on an otherwise lovely looking motor.

Tangoed Works
Love everything except the blue driving lights or whatever they are. They scream Halfords Chav to me on an otherwise lovely looking motor.

yeah the side lights dont actually look that blue in real life, just match the xenons perfectly.

going to get the arches, mirror caps, headlight rings colour coded and the side marker lights cut in. think that will be it for the body work then just concentrate on more power.

getting rid of the mirror caps and dechroming the belt line made a big difference.

thanks for all the comments.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
So that wasnt you behind me going passed the Madejski Stadium (spelling) then... I was in the titanium ph1 172 infront of you... you gave it beans as you went down the slip road in towards the retail park. :)

Tangoed Works
So that wasnt you behind me going passed the Madejski Stadium (spelling) then... I was in the titanium ph1 172 infront of you... you gave it beans as you went down the slip road in towards the retail park. :)

nope, soz matey... i live in london and have only ever ventured once into reading many moons ago.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
nope, soz matey... i live in london and have only ever ventured once into reading many moons ago.

Cool.. yeah, I noticed you came from S London.. not too far away. When I saw the pics you put up, I thought, blimey small world! As far as I could see in the street lighting it look identical to yours!

Great pics though fella. I looked into a S Works when i bought my 182 in 2004, but just couldnt justify the extra £5k+ it would have cost from new for the spec I wanted.. Great cars!

Shaun

Tangoed Works
Cool.. yeah, I noticed you came from S London.. not too far away. When I saw the pics you put up, I thought, blimey small world! As far as I could see in the street lighting it look identical to yours!

Great pics though fella. I looked into a S Works when i bought my 182 in 2004, but just couldnt justify the extra £5k+ it would have cost from new for the spec I wanted.. Great cars!

Shaun

yeah the price is a bit off putting, i picked up my 182 back in jan 06 when it was 7 months old for just under 10k. I guess this would have been nearer £30k! And the spec is pretty much the same as the clio lol, just better build.

Wasnt really interested in a mini at this time and probably wouldnt have been able to afford it tbh and invested my money elsewhere.

I have to say though it doesnt feel 5 years old at all though and if you ever were thinking of getting one I would recommend it highly. Turns heads from young to pensionable age!!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
yeah the price is a bit off putting, i picked up my 182 back in jan 06 when it was 7 months old for just under 10k. I guess this would have been nearer £30k! And the spec is pretty much the same as the clio lol, just better build.

Wasnt really interested in a mini at this time and probably wouldnt have been able to afford it tbh and invested my money elsewhere.

I have to say though it doesnt feel 5 years old at all though and if you ever were thinking of getting one I would recommend it highly. Turns heads from young to pensionable age!!

Always quite liked Mini's, both BMW and Leyland. Still not driven a new shape one mind, but all the write ups sing its praise about the same as the Clio's.
If I ever got one though it would have to be the S Works, or possibly a GP.

Regarding how a car feels and build quality after any period of time, I think it largely depends upon how they've been looked after, so you can take comfort in finding a cherished, good one there i'd imagine!..

But as far as turning heads... hmmm have you ever been in a Clio V6..? Its unbelievable.. lol Not sure i'm ready to part with it for a while yet.. Maybe I'll be able to afford to change the 172 for a S Works if the country doesnt decend into economic free-fall!

Shaun