ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worrying weather i can afford to run a clio 182 sport

Yes thats what im doing at the moment :), I currently have £1000 saved up and in the next 3 months will have £2000 plus my 2003 1.2 dynamique to sell which has only 38k miles on it. I should have £3.5k-£4k when i come to get one and so the car would be paid for in full its just the running which i was curios of which the mpg is much higher than i was expecting so i think il be getting one :)

350z GT
My first thoughts are that if your worrying about if whether or not you can afford anything....the reality is you probably cant

but if you can....you will love it :)

My first thoughts are that if your worrying about if whether or not you can afford anything....the reality is you probably cant

but if you can....you will love it :)

To be honest i think i could afford to run one with what iv heard i just panic hehe :). Il have to cut down on spending £35-£45 a week on fast foods and my dinners at work hehe

I'da thought the insurance would have been the biggest dent in your finances. Assuming you can absorb that with no problems you should be fine.

One thing I have noticed since getting my 182 however is that while my MPG is only slightly worse my actual mileage done is far higher simply because I enjoy driving it so much. Before the 182 I would walk, cadge lifts and generally avoid driving a lot of the time. Now I offer to drive all over the place and... *gasp* often just drive simply for the sake of driving. Something I'd not done since I was a teenager.

I'da thought the insurance would have been the biggest dent in your finances. Assuming you can absorb that with no problems you should be fine.

One thing I have noticed since getting my 182 however is that while my MPG is only slightly worse my actual mileage done is far higher simply because I enjoy driving it so much. Before the 182 I would walk, cadge lifts and generally avoid driving a lot of the time. Now I offer to drive all over the place and... *gasp* often just drive simply for the sake of driving. Something I'd not done since I was a teenager.

I can get the insurance for about £1.3k from greenlight which is no problem. My first year in my 1.2 was £1k so im use to paying it and with me saving a set amount each week more than the insurance is going to cost it will feel like i have extra money when i have finally saved up if you get where im coming from.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Over running your 1.2 a set of tyres will be about £100 more, tax is about £100 more, servicing is similar unless its belts time, but even then its only a one off of £400/5 years.

Then fuel will cost about 20% more than running a 1.2 and thats about it.

From experience, if it is well maintained then it will be more reliable than the 1.2. It doesn't really cost much more to run at all, aslong as you dont do loads of miles and can afford the insurance.

I only get around 32-34 mpg out of my 1.2 cause I do a lot of motorway miles and the 1.2 drinks fuel doing anything over 70 with people in the car. I would have a 172/182 if the insurance would let me no problems.